Notices

Hi 😔

Old 03-05-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi 😔

I'm, 33 year old unemployed female from Dublin Ireland I've been struggling with alcohol for the past 8 years getting progressively worse over the last 4 years . I have really bad binges due to my pmdd condition. Well this week I had a particularly bad binge i don't know whether I can say how much or what I drank on here but it's surprising I'm still here. I lie to my parents and steal alcohol from them. I feel ashamed and guilty it's killing me to do this to them but I can't stop! I haven't left my room in 4 days. I lived with my partner for 3 years in a rented house but had to move back in with my parents last year also lost my job 2years ago can't get another one due to my condition and the alcohol.
Most days I feel like I can't go on I'm scared everyday of what's going to happen to me. I feel just disgusted with myself I just want to be numb to everything.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to you. I'm sorry for what brings you here but we are happy to have you, it is a great place for support.

First the bad news, it will only get worse and worse. There is always a new low- trust me, trust us. I just keeps getting worse and worse, never better.

But! The good news is, you CAN stop the destruction by stopping drinking for good. I absolutely never thought I could do it, and many others here will tell you the same, but I managed to and so many others here have managed to as well, which means you can too. It isn't easy, but it is entirely possible.

You have to start with day one. Do not drink today. Then tomorrow do the same thing, and on and on and on. this is simplifying it, there are struggles and challenges, but read around about making a plan and how to deal with triggers.

A good first start is going to see your doctor to talk about withdrawals and to have a check up to see what, if any, damage you have done to your precious body. A doctor can also give you a list of vitamins/minerals/medications that you may need.

Water, water water. Exercise if you can. And whatever you do, NO alcohol.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Hi. It's a good choice to join here. One step at a time. Have a read and join the monthly and weekend class too. Good people there.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome darkskies

finding the support here at SR really made the difference for me - I hope it will make a difference for you too. You are not alone in this

D
Old 03-05-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome darkskies, stay with us on this forum, we are all going through similar feelings and struggles. So sorry to hear how bad you are feeling. I feel you need to get an urgent appointment with your doctor as you cant do this alone without help. Sending you a loving light to help you on your path to peace, xxxxxx
Old 03-05-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Darkskies, I'm right there with ya.

There's a lot of positive thought here. It helps.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We are all in this together! Even some of us that have been sober for years started were you are now! It is so hard but it can be done.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Darkskies, there is a life after alcohol and you don't have to struggle on your own. I know it seems hopeless now, but many people who were lost to alcohol have come back to happy productive lives.
Do you have a doctor you can talk to for a start?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Darkskies. Welcome to SR.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Have you read any of Miriam Keyes books? Rachel's Holiday, Under the Duvet? She's a brilliant writer and a recovered alcoholic from Dublin...she got sober just about at your age.

You don't have to live this way. It's only the alcohol convincing your brain of that....and it always, always lies.

Welcome!!!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, Darkskies!
Old 03-05-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi Darkskies and welcome to SR

You will find lots of support here to help you stop drinking. I've just focused on one day at a time, SR and AA have got me to 88 days and how I'm feeling and my life in general has improved immensely.

I too suffered from pmdd. It is a horrible rollercoaster to ride each month. I found an anti-depressant helped me but as we are not allowed to give medical advice here so I suggest you talk with a Dr about what might work for you.

The other thing I found helpful when I was at my worst each month was reading on pmdd support forums, how about joining one of them too? It helped me not feel so crazy and alone and reminded me it was real.

Stick around here too, post here instead whenever you want to drink.

You can do it!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Darkskies!!