Notices

Closed on new house...

Old 02-24-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closed on new house...

And what did two different people give me at closing? Two bottles of wine! Ugh!! Really? Is that the only gesture of celebration there is? Don't take me wrong. I gratefully declined saying I didn't drink. Gave it to the bank rep who worked hard on my behalf. All I could think was that there is no way I want to drink in my new house. I never want to be drunk there, never want to wake up hungover there. What a great goal to have. I will not taint this new home with the poison of alcohol!! I have plenty of memories of that that I'm leaving behind in my previous home. I'll have 2 years sober on April 1 and my life is SO much better in so many ways.
Thank you, SR, for always being there. I continue to check in each day. I'm grateful for all of you.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray!!!

Congratulations and many happy years in your new sober nest.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great! Congrats on your new home!! I got alcohol for Christmas and gave it away as gifts. No thank you!!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your new house and for not letting those bottles break your stride

D
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your new sober living space! And congrats on your upcoming two year anniversary!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your recovery and your new home.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the purchase! I spent several hours today house-hunting. I hope to be able to say soon that I am ready to celebrate closing on a new place.

I'm so glad to hear your life is heaps better. I know I would never have been able to consider buying a place if I had not stopped drinking - I could barely get myself together, let alone start acting like a grown up.

Congratulations on almost 2 years too!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleomie View Post
And what did two different people give me at closing? Two bottles of wine! Ugh!! Really? Is that the only gesture of celebration there is? Don't take me wrong. I gratefully declined saying I didn't drink. Gave it to the bank rep who worked hard on my behalf. All I could think was that there is no way I want to drink in my new house. I never want to be drunk there, never want to wake up hungover there. What a great goal to have. I will not taint this new home with the poison of alcohol!! I have plenty of memories of that that I'm leaving behind in my previous home. I'll have 2 years sober on April 1 and my life is SO much better in so many ways.
Thank you, SR, for always being there. I continue to check in each day. I'm grateful for all of you.
I'm actually in the process of buying a new house myself. Should hopefully be finalized in couple days. I'm only on day 19 though so has been rather hard for me not to "celebrate" in my excitement but pulled through. Still going strong and feel like I'm picking up steam each day now.

Congrats on your new house and to your 2 years.