Notices

these things don`t happen by accident

Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

these things don`t happen by accident

I was home tonight and the thoughts came to me to go to a meeting 6 miles away that I had never been too.
So I went.Small town out away from everything almost,and 2 women was there when I got there.I knew both of them,I sat down and we talked and I found one of my old drinking buddies was one of the ladies cousins.
A few guys came in and settled down,and then in came my old drinking buddy.He is 7 days sober.Most of our old drinking buddies are dead now so there must be a reason 6 of us showed up tonight and we both was there.I sure do hope he makes it.I got a big spiritual boost from seeing him sober..
Old 02-14-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

"When coincidences pile up in this way, one cannot help being impressed by them – for the greater the number of terms in such a series, or the more unusual its character, the more improbable it becomes." Carl Jung

I'm convinced that there is more order in the universe than we are aware of, and that there is often meaning in what seems at first glance to be "coincidence". I believe that meaning itself connects far more of the events of this world than we are aware of. I'm thankful we are sometimes given a glimpse of it.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are no coincidences, you had a whisper from your intuition - or Divine Spirit. Call it what you like - it is beautiful.

Thank you for sharing that tonight -
Old 02-16-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

"an intuitive thought"?
Old 02-16-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

no doubt Mike
Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mike do you mean intuition does not involve thought?
Old 02-17-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For a long time I thought things were pretty just random events. Every event was separate from the other. No connections. But over time (and getting older), I started seeing things differently. I began to notice that one situation seemed to lead me to another situation, etc. I experienced a life-changing situation many years ago that made me realize that there is a reason why things happen. Someone I met a few years ago told me that I am where I am suppose to be. Sometimes, I think we are here not so much to better ourselves, but to better other peoples' lives, and I have many examples to prove this. Sometimes, this kind of thinking really annoys me, cause I like to think I have total control over my life and my choices. To help remedy this, I like to think that life gives us choices or different roads we can choose to take. Once we make that choice, there is a plan in place to help guide us along the way; the good and the bad, but at the end of the road, the result is always good and was meant to be. I'm comfortable thinking there are several directions I can take. After that, a plan is already in place to guide me. John
Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another way to look at the world is everything is random. I have a relative who fought in Vietnam. Once when speaking with my father about his experience he explained who the sniper picked off, who tripped the explosive device ect was random. Nothing you could do about it. Once you realized this you could get on with the business of trying to stay alive. For those who needed structure the uncertainty of war often crushed them psychologically.

With regards to everyday life I fall somewhere in the middle. I believe it`s important to take the necessarily action in life. Which isn`t always easy. I can`t control people but I can`t afford to be taken advantage of either.

I find life is an act of balance more than anything else.