Notices

Hello...

Old 02-11-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello...

I'm not entierly sure I belong here... I've been lurking for a while.
I'm not a heavy drinker, I only used to binge drink two, maybe three times a year for fun with friends and appart from that I didn't even drink at all. I'm not physically dependent to alcohol and I never was.

However, I do have cravings, since august ( I got really drunk at a party ). I do my best to ignore them but sometimes I give up and drink anyway. I guess what motivated me to post here is that I've been really stressed out lately and the cravings became more frequent and important. A couple of days ago, for the first time, I woke up with a hangover from drinking alone. Today I slept many hours because I had trouble thinking about anything else than alcohol.

I guess I'm here for a reason. I figured reading other member's experiences here might help me stay away from alcohol before the situation gets out of hands. So hi.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello! Welcome

It's great that you're self aware and noticing this and nipping it in the bud.

The folks here have been very helpful and supportive, and I'm learning a great deal.

I'm sure any problems/concerns you may have can be addressed by someone here. Welcome
Old 02-11-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome unoriginaluser

There's no drink minimum required for being addicted - and there's no drink minimum required here for membership - if your drinking is causing you (and your loved ones) problems or worry? you belong

You'll find a ton of support here
D
Old 02-11-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me my drinking was progressive and only got more frequent with time. Only a once in a while drinker here, but I realized I don't drink often, but when I do I often drink too much. I applaud you for acknowledging this could be turning into an issue for you. I wish I found this place way sooner than I did.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by UnoriginalUser2 View Post
I'm not physically dependent to alcohol and I never was.
we're similar

i didnt drink enough to have any physical addiction either

doesnt mean im not an alcoholic

as a senior in high school my life was death and blackness ... then after high school i took my first drink isolated by myself and only to shut off from life

this disease centers mostly in the mind

Old 02-11-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot for the support and answers, I really appreciate it and I do feel welcome here now

There's no drink minimum required for being addicted - and there's no drink minimum required here for membership - if your drinking is causing you (and your loved ones) problems or worry? you belong
Only a once in a while drinker here, but I realized I don't drink often, but when I do I often drink too much.
we're similar

i didnt drink enough to have any physical addiction either

doesnt mean im not an alcoholic

as a senior in high school my life was death and blackness ... then after high school i took my first drink isolated by myself and only to shut off from life

this disease centers mostly in the mind
This already started helping me shed some light on my situation

The folks here have been very helpful and supportive, and I'm learning a great deal.
I can see why at first hand now
Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

UnO- welcome. PJ
Old 02-11-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Unoriginal,

None of us just woke up one day and was suddenly an alcoholic. I think it's more a gentle slope. So gentle that most of us didn't even realise we were on until it was too late. It's good you're aware of these things, hopefully you can find the advice you need on here.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I thnk we all find ourselves here because we have concerns about how alcohol is affecting our lives. Glad you are here!