Notices

i look tired again

Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i look tired again

I been sober for 8 months then relapsed for 2 months, during my sobriety my looks changed dramatically I looked like I had a face lift my eyes where widen my eyes where less puffy my double chin left my hair got thicker and I just looked good over all, I started drinking again 2 months ago and my face is puffy my eyes are too my skin looks dry and my face looks droopy, I stopped drinking on the 19 of this month and I still feel horrible and look like I aged five years and feel like I can never get enough sleep, I can't figure out why I look this awful only drinking 2 month, have anyone else been through this, will I start to look better if I quit again, can this be reversed I'm only 27 years old
Old 01-27-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know what happened last time you stopped? You looked and felt better. Then you drank again and felt and looked **** again. It's not rocket science is it.
Sobriety gives us a fighting chance to get well. Drinking keeps us sick, mentally, spiritually and physically.

The real question is, what are you going to do about it?
Old 01-27-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are absolutely right, I guess I have to go through this storm again, I'm staying sober for good this time around especially seeing how my energy level just crashed again
Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep. I played the whole 'sober up and then I can start drinking like a normal person' game for a while. Thing is, it just never happens like that. I needed to stop and stay stopped. And to do that I needed to get a plan of recovery and work at it. When I didn't do so my sobriety was uncomfortable and unsustainable. Thankfully there were some great support networks for me to draw on. This forum being one main one, and AA being another. My doctor wasn't very helpful but that isn't everyone's experience.

Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 01-27-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Each time we relapse we get worse and worse.

I don't know many nor m al drinkers, only alkys that haven't dug the hole deep enough to try to quit...yet.

Seriously.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My favourite is when you are feeling good, had a decent night sleep, and some one walks up to you and goes, "you look tired".....
Old 01-27-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's some of the kindling effect, meaning it gets harder to look good/feel good each time you stop. It was that way with me. Initially, if I stopped drinking for a week, I would look and feel better, but I kept going back to drinking and it was harder to reach the looking good/feeling good point.

Hang in there and stay sober and you will see the benefits.