Notices

Aww ****, here we go again.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aww ****, here we go again.

Relapsed Christmas Eve after forty five days of recovery. Had one beer. A week later I was slamming two to three beers in the morning before work and railing 50-150 mg of morphine every day. A few days ago I knew the party was over. After drinking all day at work and railing 8 percocets to fill that black void of addiction, which is insatiable, I was throwing up out of the car window and the first thought I had was great now I can finally drink my beer now that the nausea is gone. That was my last beer, I said, after spending hundreds of dollars on pain pills and six packs it all came down to that last beer. I was broke and couldn't get anymore and I would get sober again. I still had change in my pocket the next day and bought a tall can and slammed it with a half bottle of wine. No more pain pills, my guy was out, and I was broke so that would be it. Nah. Tonight at work I slammed the nastiest 90 proof liquer in the restauarant kitchen I work at. And a shift drink after work. I couldn't stand the pain of not having those pills and as nasty as it was it got me through the night. Jesus Christ what have I become. Treating my wife and animals like **** while in a constant state of withdrawal. Chain smoking. Can't sleep. Body aches and cold sweats. God I hope I sleep tonight. Taking tomorrow off to really kick this. This addiction is so real and I have been here so many times. Can god really salvage me and make me into the human being I truly yearn to be? Can I be forgiven of these sins and really make a huge come back? Some times I just think death is a sweet answer. But I'm only 28 and I got so much potential and **** to live for plus I got kids. Man...
Old 01-24-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you could turn it around at 28 and have a great future., sectownkid
I was 40 when I quit.

Sounds like you really need help though, man.
Is rehab/detox an option at all?

even just seeing your Dr?
AA?

D
Old 01-24-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by sectownkid View Post
Taking tomorrow off to really kick this. This addiction is so real and I have been here so many times. Can god really salvage me and make me into the human being I truly yearn to be? Can I be forgiven of these sins and really make a huge come back?
I would say very much 'yes' to God's willingness to forgive and salvage.

But I would probably say 'no' to thinking taking a day off will 'really kick this'.

It sounds like you have a had a long term problem. And that needs a long term solution.

As Dee asks, is an inpatient stay an option? And what about AA/NA?

Good luck mate. Stick with us here, but get medical help if the withdrawals get bad.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think you could turn it around at 28 and have a great future., sectownkid
I was 40 when I quit.

Sounds like you really need help though, man.
Is rehab/detox an option at all?

even just seeing your Dr?
AA?

D
Going to a DAA meeting tomorrow. Inpatient is out of question rent is too high I can't just not work. 3 month old baby six animals and wife is not working. So much..
Old 01-25-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can only do what you can reasonably do....but I'd work the heck out of whatever you feel can do right now for your recovery.

There's a ton of support and good ideas here

D