Notices

Why is Day 2 so awesome?

Old 01-03-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why is Day 2 so awesome?

So, without family, or friends; I spent the Holidays on a solo bender with yet another intent to quit. I originally wanted to stop on the 1st, but that lasted for a few minutes.

Anyhow, has anyone found the beginning of day 2 to be somewhat sleepless, but very productive and positive? It's almost as if I hadn't drank for months, then the cravings kick in by evening, and Day 3 -30 is just brutal. I wish everyday was like Day 2 mornings.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersolstice View Post
So, without family, or friends; I spent the Holidays on a solo bender with yet another intent to quit. I originally wanted to stop on the 1st, but that lasted for a few minutes.

Anyhow, has anyone found the beginning of day 2 to be somewhat sleepless, but very productive and positive? It's almost as if I hadn't drank for months, then the cravings kick in by evening, and Day 3 -30 is just brutal. I wish everyday was like Day 2 mornings.
Hang on tight for the pink cloud might not last for long.
On the first of the year you didn't stay sober.
Two days is great but, stay humble.
Mountainmanbob
Old 01-03-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My day 2 was awful. I'm only on day 13 now...not very productive but somewhat positive. I'm taking it easy for awhile. I've been avoiding my biggest stressors (family) - can't do that forever but I have to at this time.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by sobersolstice View Post
Anyhow, has anyone found the beginning of day 2 to be somewhat sleepless, but very productive and positive?
If day 2 is productive for you, produce a plan to stay sober through the rougher days ahead.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yup. I've got a dusty folder with a bunch of triggers, goods, bads, alternatives, 'riding the wave' etc.

I just got to the point where I stopped caring for myself and my health. I'm trying to figure out what I'm living for. That may be the toughest part of my drinking. I wish I had people that cared about me in the slightest. I haven't spoken to most of my friends for more than a year. I had no party invites for the Holidays.

Well, I'll keep at it I guess, and see where things go...
Old 01-03-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sobersolstice - If you feel like you have no one who cares about you, have you ever thought about trying AA? Lots of folks there for support and possible friendship.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just starting my day 2 here and, sobersoltice, you and I had near identical holidays.

Day 2 for me is a good place to be because I just made it through day 1. Pacing the early morning trying to drag myself to tip out what was left in the frij instead of starting on it. Made it. Then late afternoon and out in the car....it really came on and all the triggers hit in and I was off to get beer. But just stopped for a few minutes....yeah ok, I'll go get, but just in a minute.

The craving passed in about 30 min or so.

Tough day......but maybe a got a few ideas now what to do when the craves kick in.

Day 2 ...off we go.

Hope you have a good one sobersoltice
Old 01-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sure, the difference between day one and day two is that you can move your head.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too Canguy

D