Notices

Day 7 - unending , unrelenting tiredness ...:-(

Old 01-02-2017, 01:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 - unending , unrelenting tiredness ...:-(

Day 7 for me - I just wake up tired every day and it is starting to get me down. Not just sleepy but cripplingly exhausted so I can't function.
When oh when will this stop? I felt less tired when I was drinking ....
Old 01-02-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sorry to hear that.
Are you eating healthy? Getting proper rest? It takes time to heal. Don't stress out. Give it another day or two . Then maybe you should seek professional help.
I am not a big dr. fan. I look to holisic care.
Try Googling "Alcohol Withdrawl and Extreme Fatigue"
Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I am eating very healthily, drinking lots of water and sleeping over 9 hours a night.., but I am completely and utterly exhausted.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Do you take vitamin and mineral suppliments?
Old 01-02-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes - a multi vitamin plus B1
Old 01-02-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is so me... and is a huge part of me relapsing because I can't stay in bed forever and need to get up and move I have called every doc around only to have to wait forever for an apt then I chicken out. I am going to try 'Same' this time along with alll the b vitamins and hope for the best but will be following your post for other ideas. Exercise is great too but a pattern you have to really push to start. Just ideas I am only a few days sober after a huge holiday fail. But not new to trying. This time will be different as I am going to use this site make a plan and beat this crap. I'm so done.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your body is healing.. if you were in a major accident or getting over an illness you'd sleep a lot,it's no different now that your body is recovering from years of being abused, it's completely normal to be exhausted after quitting and it's gonna take awhile longer than 7 days to feel"normal" you're fine,just rest when you can and congrats on 7 days
Old 01-02-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ican,

I had extreme fatigue for months...off and on. Stress from the real unaltered world exhausted me. My body was healing vs withdrawal.

I was working out a bit prior to quitting and I ramped it up when I quit.

I also had moderate paranoia and mental sensitivity.

It got better over time.

Drinking would likely have passified the fear..but I feared relapse more. Any booze is a step backwards.

The physical and mental healing has taken me 20 months and counting.

I am still under duress at times.

Sobriety is about dealing w life clean. It is about getting used to being uncomfortable. My nerves were shot. The world moved too fast initially.

No medical advice....

What made SR great in my recovery was folks helping me understand it gets better everyday.

Just so you know....I logged into SR the first time at 80 days clean. I thought I was losing my mind. The mental anguish was relentless.

That is why some folks need meds or relapse over and over.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very common. Especially at only 7 days. I go sort of manic in the beginning, can't sleep at all and run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Then I get really exhausted for a few days....sleep constantly. Then start to even out.

You can see your dr for bloods if it doesn't ease up.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was incredibly exhausted when I quit, for quite awhile. I was VERY sick. I remember a few weeks where an immediate need to go to sleep was so strong I pulled the car over and took a nap, in the closest safe place I could find. It has eased.

I find I have to manage my fatigue closely- it's one of my biggest connections to my emotional sobriety. I still take naps often (lately moreso because of a side effect of paxil) and use the "send myself to bed early" technique for stress/agitation/frustration.

Hang in there- don't drink. Your body needs time to heal.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I find I am still pretty exhausted. I slept 11 hours the other day! I think some of it may be due to the 2 hour hike I had done, in addition to my body healing from not drinking.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can't even go to bathroom without feeling exhausted let alone do a 2 hour hike - well done you!
Old 01-02-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

^^The simplest things were tough and exhausting for me to, even the idea of them! Hang in there.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Your energy should start to come back soon. I found that forcing myself to get out for a short walk helped give me a little more energy.