Notices

Doing Well on Vacation

Old 12-25-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing Well on Vacation

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas!!

Doing well on day 5 and landed safely in sunny Florida. Record high temps because they knew we'd be on the beach. 👍🏻

Have had zero desire to drink so far here although I dreamed I drank. 16 years of no smoking and I still dream I smoke so I know that's normal. This guy on the plane in front of me slammed a 6 pack on a 2 hour flight. I was surprised they allowed that. I just kept thinking I'm glad that's not me. They have a tiki bar here and the people were loud and drunk singing bad Christmas carols. I could hear them from my quiet beach front room and was glad that wasn't me as I soaked in the peacefulness.

Brought my RR book that came just in time for my trip. Read the whole time on the plane. Have been sleeping good with some melatonin help.

Anyway, I know I have support if I run into trouble here.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have a good one- Usta.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas and enjoy your peaceful and sober vacation!!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Enjoy your warm and sunny vacation!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Enjoy your vacation Usta. One time my wife and I booked two weeks at an all-inclusive. I ended up regretting the wasted time because I drank from sun up to sun down.

Congrats on day 5, that's awesome.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic Ustacallmelola!! Great job on Day 5!!
Old 12-25-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ustacallmelola View Post
Have had zero desire to drink so far here although I dreamed I drank. 16 years of no smoking and I still dream I smoke so I know that's normal.
It's also normal to have the desire to drink, and declaring that you "have had no desire to drink so far" simply suggests that you might drink if you did.

That is your Addictive Voice.

Originally Posted by Ustacallmelola View Post
Brought my RR book that came just in time for my trip.
You should be able to finish the book before your vacation is over. Don't treat it as casual beach reading, though, and be aware that your Beast will be reading the book along with you, looking for loopholes.

Don't skip over the ACTION exercises, and read Trimpey's conversation with "Richard" in Part 3. Read through the AVRT discussion threads in Secular Connections when you return to tighten up the screws on your Beast.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 5 days
Old 12-25-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Enjoy a sober vacation!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well Usta

D
Old 12-25-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi there! I hope you are on the "best" coast of FL (the West coast) and enjoying the Gulf. It was 83 here today. I wore a tank top because it's always pretty hot, but I had to wear jeans and my new Cole Haan booties because... dammit it's Winter!!!

I hope you get into the RR book. The threads here in SC can help tweak some of the technique. Never drink again and never change your mind. You can do this.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're having a good vacation.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
quat

I had RR TNC on my vacation on my "first" week. I was a little grumpy from time to time and the beast thought it was ridiculous and hated it. Actually made it easier to recognize the beast /AV ( stupid beast, subtlety may have been a better play, so watch out for that ) which made separation and dismissal almost a 'no brainer'.
I was grumpy, but I was in control . It's weird but it was one of my best vacations
Hope you get spared the grumpy part and have a good time
Old 12-25-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation, and that you are sober. Sounds like the perfect way to end this year, and start the next!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Hi there! I hope you are on the "best" coast of FL (the West coast) and enjoying the Gulf. It was 83 here today. I wore a tank top because it's always pretty hot, but I had to wear jeans and my new Cole Haan booties because... dammit it's Winter!!!

I hope you get into the RR book. The threads here in SC can help tweak some of the technique. Never drink again and never change your mind. You can do this.
Also, open up and run through the "Crash Course" online at rational.org to give yourself a refresher when needed. The crash course helped me to quit drinking cold turkey after decades of daily drinking. Remember, you are in control of whether or not you drink ever again.

Enjoy your vacation!