Notices

Wow what a weekend! - Day 50 Today

Old 12-18-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow what a weekend! - Day 50 Today

Hey everyone,
Just thought i'd check in. The last few weeks i feel like i've been on a raft going through the rapids of life. My buddy texted me a few weeks ago that he was getting married. I kind of felt resentful toward him because i've known the guy for 20 plus years and he can't pick up the g-d phone. Anyway, I'm happy for him and have let that resentment go.

My father who is an alcoholic texted me this week. "So when can i come out?" He lives in upstate NY i live in CO. Gee so you can hang at my place and drink while i work on recovery. That sounds like fun. I told him work is super busy through January and my girlfriend and I are going to Mexico in February so it's probably best if you come out in March. Haven't heard anything back. I'm thinking to myself "selfish A-hole". Not even a wow that's great you're going to Mexico. Honestly i don't want him to come out.

The anniversary of my brother's death is on Thursday. He was the most amazing man i ever met. So strong and responsible! He battled brain cancer for 7 years before passing away Dec 22, 2014. It seems like yesterday. My life is changed so much since then mostly for the better. I miss him.

I have been dating someone for almost 6 months now and i'm so excited to spend Christmas with her. She is such a positive person and very strong. She battles hyper thyroiditis which is a very tricky condition. We've been talking about moving in together. She doesn't know i'm an alcoholic as i've been hiding that. I'm terrified to tell her as she had someone in her past that hurt her because of the alcohol. I know at the time i met her i was where i am right now about 50 days sober. I know people say it's best not to date in the first year but she doesn't drink i felt like it was a sign.

Finally, i was at a meeting today and the lady asked if there was anyone who had under 90 days and i didn't raise my hand. Some days i'm so damn tired of being a newcomer.

Sorry this was long. It was nice to get it off my chest. I'm sober today!
Garrison
Old 12-18-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome it sounds like you are getting it together.

I am at Day 55 myself.

My father was also an abusive alcoholic. He is almost 80 years old -he quit drinking due to health issues 20 years ago - now he is a miserable person who wishes he could drink.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats comtnman740 - I'm sure your brother would be very proud of you

D
Old 12-18-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job guys