O/T I got locked out of fakebook (lol)

Old 12-12-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T I got locked out of fakebook (lol)

I don't know how or why it happened. I just read on fakebook, I don't post, I don't (like), I don't do anything there. I was using a made up name last year. I was using Amy Smith. I corrected that to my real name and my real date of birth, last November. I think I left Piedmont HS which isn't real, but so what !!!!!

I clicked on something to read one of the articles or news from somewhere, and I was told that I needed to submit photo ID with my date of birth on it, before they would allow me back on fakebook.

Whatever.......................... They are not getting any info from me. (lol)
Old 12-13-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I don't know how or why it happened. I just read on fakebook, I don't post, I don't (like), I don't do anything there. I was using a made up name last year. I was using Amy Smith. I corrected that to my real name and my real date of birth, last November. I think I left Piedmont HS which isn't real, but so what !!!!!

I clicked on something to read one of the articles or news from somewhere, and I was told that I needed to submit photo ID with my date of birth on it, before they would allow me back on fakebook.

Whatever.......................... They are not getting any info from me. (lol)
I'm pretty sure FB wouldn't request an ID. That sounds like a scam. You can contact FB to find out what you were locked out of account. It's usually only temporary.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This happens on occasion. One of Facebook's rules is that members must use their real names. Facebook usually checks for identification if someone reports a member is using a fake name. Facebook has said that it doesn't investigate on its own, but will require ID if a report is made.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, you'll probably be happier in the long run. My opinion of FB is that it's a billion-dollar festival of passive aggression.

Was thinking about you this morning, did you get through the baby shower? I wasn't around much for a while...
Old 12-13-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a scam, especially if you get that note after clicking on something. If facebook had a real issue you'd get the notice to your email or when you tried to log in.

You are smart. Never give out a photo ID with birth date.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really don't care that they locked me out. I think I have only posted one nice comment to someone once. I really just go there to see pictures of my relatives and their children, and to see what my crazy daughter is up to. (lol) Problem was solved, my sister gave me her password. This way I'll be forewarned before the crazy phone calls start.

Aries, the update on the shower. It was on Saturday. My daughter did bring her boyfriend. She cried to all of my cousins when they arrived about her divorce, and then introduced them to her boyfriend.

I spent the last 6 weeks trying to contact people for the shower, because I didn't know who she sent invites to and who she didn't. I came up with a total of 45, she came up with a total of 15. She didn't even send out half of the invitations.

When I arrived at the place, my crazy daughter was sitting at a center table so that when people walked in they could all see her, and she was cutting out paper diapers, so that the guest could give advice to the new parents. Sooooo.... she had the mother to be and father to be, help her cut these diapers out.

Things go pretty well after that, for awhile. So we all sit down, and I sit at the table with my 3 children, my daughter in law, my son's friends, my ex in-laws, my friend, and the boyfriend. Things are going really well, even my ex sister in law came and took a seat next to me to talk to me. ( I do miss my ex's family, it was like we grew up together, and now I don't get to see them that often). So, my friend Sandy taps me on the shoulder to let me know that there is "drama" on her right. I look over and crazy daughter is crying. So, I said to her, "What's up?" The crying is now getting louder. She tells me that she told her brother 40 mins ago that it was time to open up the presents, and he still didn't, and that her sister didn't even say hello to her. I told her I'll talk to Sean and have them start with the present, and I told her she was sitting at the same table with her sister.

So, I went over to Sean to tell him to start opening up the presents, he said sure, then went to youngest daughter and asked if she could help out with bringing the presents and making sure the cards go with the right presents. Then I went out for a quick cigarette. So, my friend tells me that Jackie, my youngest went over to help, and it was right next to Dani, and Dani (crazy daughter) starts yelling at Jackie, and started using the f word, and Jackie put her hand over Dani's mouth to quiet her down.

So, I'm outside having my cigarette, and Sean's friends are there with me, and Dani comes out in a huff, still cursing, and she wanted empathy from me, and I just told her that today was not a day for her drama, that it was a day to celebrate the new parents, and that I didn't want to hear it. So, she's gone, and all my relatives were coming over to tell me what a good time they had, that the food was terrific, some knew that there was an incident, but some other didn't, when you get a lot of people together, sometimes it's hard to hear.....

I drove the 3 hours back home, and just relaxed. I did check fakebook, with my sisters password, and she had posted that saying from Delores Claibourne, about sometimes being a b!tch is the only thing a woman has. Well...... OK, whatever.

Next day, Sunday, I call my nephews wife to verify an address so I could send out Christmas cards. That turned into an hour phone call. She has been in touch with Dani's stbx. No, she didn't call him, he called her, and he gave her a lot of info. I know not to believe all of it, but there were things there that I do and he has proof. My daughter ran a fundraiser 2 years ago, and never turned over the money to that organization, and he had a cease and desist letter from that organization. There was a lot more there also, but not criminal.

I then called my ex sister in law to get current addresses because I also still send them xmas cards. She didn't answer, then later she sent me an email with the addresses. All fine and good. Then she called me. She wanted to talk about divorce !!!!!! OK, my day is just getting crazier. So, I talked to her, listened to her, and tried to give her things to think about before just heading for divorce, and told her that if she ever needed to talk, that I'm here for her.

Monday, my birthday. Sean and Jackie both call me. That was a really big surprise. I don't think Jackie called me for my birthday for at least 7 years. Dani doesn't call me. Actually she was just calling me now, but my minutes ran out for the month, trying to get the baby shower handled, so I just didn't answer. I think I'll listen to her message now.

((((((((hugs)))))))))
amy
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I listened to the message from my daughter. Her stbx is going for full custody with no visitation rights. He is claiming she is an opiate abuser. She told me she couldn't call me yesterday, because she needed to take valiums. I just can't take this anymore.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I look over and crazy daughter is crying. So, I said to her, "What's up?" The crying is now getting louder. She tells me that she told her brother 40 mins ago that it was time to open up the presents, and he still didn't, and that her sister didn't even say hello to her.
Wow. This would be inappropriate in a six-year-old. Now can you go minimum contact?

Glad it worked out pretty well and it sounds like you may have gotten re-acquainted with some people, so that's all good.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. Posted this before I saw your update! So the response to being accused of taking drugs is...taking different drugs. Alrighty.

You know this is a endless black hole of drama if you let her suck you in, right? How are you going to stay free from it, got a plan?

Yikes!
Old 12-13-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Aries, I did not call her back after that message. I just can't deal with this anymore, I had promised myself that I would be good till after the baby shower, it is now after the baby shower. There were too many things that I heard on Sunday from my nephews wife, and they all made sense. I think you know that I wasn't believing the lies, I was just trying to keep the peace.

It was for the longest time that I felt I needed to make things right with Dani, before I could have a good relationship with Sean and Jackie, and it's like, they needed to see the truth, and now they are both with me, and I didn't have to do anything for them to see it, they saw it themselves.

My relatives, my cousins, they recently all were telling me about the smear campaign that she had against me in 2009. She visited all of them. I found all of that out when I was calling about the invites to the baby shower. That's why I used up all my minutes this month. Well, I get them back on Friday. Oh well, I have no minutes so I just can't answer Dani's phone calls.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday. You are such a good friend.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
amy
Old 12-13-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time to "lose" that phone?

Wishing you a happy year with 100% less drama!

Sending you a hug.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Aries, thank you for talking to me, it makes me think, and these past few days I really didn't want to do that.

I didn't call my daughter back, and I don't plan on doing that. I did email my nephews wife. I thanked her for her info, and asked her to keep contact with stbx. I need to be able to reach my grandchildren, and I do think that he may get primary custody.

Since the beginning of this whole new drama I've been telling her to "talk to your lawyer". I never did "sugar coat" anything. I told her no "alimony", reduce that amount that you think you will get in child support dramastically. So I have never been feeding into her delusions.

She is also cutting off her brother and sister with her behavior. I have to think about how I can somewhat nicely tell her something that will set her off, then she won't call me anymore. If it wasn't for the grandchildren, I would just not respond to anything, but I don't know which parent will get majority custody or full custody.

I just know that tonight I am going to have a calm night, put the Christmas tree lights on, I have a fire going, and going to find a movie. Oh wait, tonight is Tuesday, I watch Bull.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Unless, I'm trying to be employed by fb, it's none of their business my age.
That place is way to intrusive as it is.

It takes a lot of jumping thru hoops to delete your account on their.

I'm not 100% positive of what the criteria is for a profile on FB any more but the less you put out in public it's best for your own personal privacy.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Amy. I'm so sorry for all of the drama and this is late, but
Happy Birthday!

Sounds like the baby shower went at least mostly well - if some of the guests had no idea that there'd been drama. And it's done. That's good, right?

Hugs, again. May the coming year bring you light and love!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I dumped Facebook about 8 months ago and haven't been back sense. One of the best decisions I ever made. I have far more peace in my life without watching all the petty stupid drama play out on FB. Plus I don't get sucked in to it as well. That's the best part. One more monkey off my back.