Emotional support

Old 11-26-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Emotional support

H came home two hours later than he told me that he would be out last night. He was out with guys night. This morning I had hoped for a little attention before starting the day. It wasn't early in the morning and one child was already awake so I wasn't asking for much attention. I received the cold shoulder. He stated he was out late and had less sleep. I told him I was tired of receiving a cold shoulder. For that I received the b.... remark. I told him I need some emotional support. He asked why would I need emotional support. Today was my family's thanksgiving with my mom present. She will need much assistance and it will probably will be the last thanksgiving meal I will have with her. Each day there is more and more reasons I don't want him around. The evening went well. All my fears didn't materialize.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you have to go through this. It is amazing how "b" remark is thrown around so freely by these guys. My XAH used to do the same. Makes me shudder. Same with attention - never any for me, and he still blames me for "not hugging him enough". And I divorced him already. It never ends

Glad to hear the evening went well - it is so hard to live on a ticking time bomb though....wish you serenity during these holidays
Old 11-26-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it's called going to the hardware store for bread. your AH is incapable of giving you what you need. you'll save yourself a lot of heartache by recognizing that and no longer going to the person who hurts you to heal you.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad the holiday went smoothly.

I'm doing the elderly parent thing too. It is indeed sad although my mom can add a bit of comedy to an evening. She decided it was bed time right before we were to sit down to dinner. I dragged her back to the table in her nightgown and she agreed to say the prayer with us and drink an ensure.

I've been single for decades now. I can get a bit weird after too much time alone but I must say I am never as lonely as I was with my qualifier. I used to feel like the dust speck in Horton Hears a Hoo; I always wanted to call out, "I'm here! I exist!"
Old 11-26-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
She decided it was bed time right before we were to sit down to dinner.

I used to feel like the dust speck in Horton Hears a Hoo; I always wanted to call out, "I'm here! I exist!"
Mother decided she was ready to go back to the care center. When she got back to the car she stated "it feels like 10pm". It was only 6pm. Early night. I feel that same way about the speck. It's going to be hard to get through these next 5 weeks.