Notices

random thoughts from a alcoholic

Old 10-14-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

random thoughts from a alcoholic

pages 86-88 are a good way to start the day,I did that this morning and I feel like I have recharged my spiritual batteries inside.I have a big book,which will travel with me as I go

I am a trucker and I am in Orlando,Fl with disaster relief supplies.They have hundreds of trucks here in various staging lots.I got here last Sunday morning we have been hanging loose ever since.They feed us 3 meals a day.We sit an talk with emergency people,the national guard,and other truckers,while we wait.

I made new friends along the way,gained new perspectives on life.
I sometimes think,is there another friend of bill w here in the lot?

tomorrow,I may try to find a meeting.It would be good to be around a roomful of other alcoholics.Just a few random thoughts from a alcoholic with plenty of time on is hands...
Old 10-14-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Put a sign in the trucks window.

Friend of Bill W.? Please see the driver.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Good idea I thought about putting a big book up on the dash or getting on the CB
Old 10-15-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

How's it going, Tommy? Were you able to find a meeting or other AA's? I would imagine there is a lot of 'hurry up and wait' in your line of work.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Hurry up and wait is right.Everything is going good.Catching up on my sleep.Napping most of the time.Lots of fellowship in...glad to be sober
Old 10-16-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Hi Tommy. We are in the same boat. I am stuck with a broken boat in an area where there is no AA. Next weekend I am off to KL for the AA round up. Really looking forward to that.

I have made many friends in the boat yard, no AA s though. It not so bad socializing, I hope you are making friends among your colleagues.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

That is the beauty of AA. Hard to go anywhere and not to be able to finds friends of Bill W
Old 10-16-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

We addicts love to talk addiction. Why is that?

I have a few guys I work out with that are addicts in recovery like me.. We have a bond. We have to be careful who is around when we start telling war stories.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Tommy, I read pp 85-88 and 417-418 of the BB every single day. It is one of the five things I do during my morning devotional time. Continuously reinforcing that core info is a big deal for me. Almost every time I read them (and I answer the five questions every day, for the day prior), I either spy something "new" or something attracts my attention that's on my mind or that I need to focus on.

You might want to add a devotional- two of my other morning routine items are the day's devo from Friar Richard Rohr (it's an email from the CAC he runs), and the day's piece from Keep It Simple: Daily Meditations for 12 Step Beginnings and Renewal (Hazelden publication). You can find more on RR here-
https://cac.org/sign-up/

Keep going! Sober truck drivers are really important in all of our lives
Old 10-16-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Mike,i have made quite few friends so far.We gather at a table and talk several times a day.Good fellowship.

August,I have added some spiritual readings to my daily life.I have peace and a few of these guys act like they are getting really anxious.One day at a time!
I met a handful of guys from Hungary and that area.They are funny and have a good sense of humor.I met some good Spanish drivers too.Good guys.I hang with the happy drivers and not the ones sneaking around drinking.