Notices

1 year

Old 10-05-2004, 04:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chris addict

1 year

well this month make 1 year without a cigaret Its wierd I dont really think about it anymore I feel so much better now things smell better Im not caughing all the time or always haveing to clear my throught.

Now the way I did it was somone told me along time ago that the cravings only last three minutes so I remembered that and when I quit I got some candy and when that craving came I would suck on the candy and sure enough with a minute or two the craving was gone and as day became week the craving would come less and less everyday.and before I knew it I had no more cravings and now I really never think about it I feel very blessed.

also I failed to mention that the night before I quit, I prayed for god to take away my cravings and the next morning I had about 3 cigs left And after breakfast I smoked 1 and about got sick ,It made me natious.I think god Had a big part in on it. any ways I hope this helps someone.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Stud!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Woohoo, that is great!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks for sharing!
And congratulations on your quit! Sometimes, quitters ARE winners! You surely prove that point.
Shalom!
Old 10-06-2004, 03:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chris addict

thank you historyteach I never thought of it that way Im a quiter and Im proud of it.Im an addict and I had 3 months clean When I decided to quit cigs,no more habbits for me and now I have 15 months clean And a year without a cig.anyways thanks O and By the way I was 110 pounds When I quit now Im 175 pound lol.

Quiter addict named chris lol
Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congrats Chris,

I got a year tobacco free this month too. I agree, its great. i save so much money not having to feed that habit, sense of smell and taste improving, more stamina, don't stink of cigarettes, teeth are not all stained ( my dentist is happy about that also). Now when I am around smokers I say to myself, " wow, I can't believe I smelled like that."

Gained 25 pounds even though I exercise regularly so have to work on that.

I kinda did the same with the cravings but it was a lot like my getting clean from drugs and alocohol. I just didn't want to live like that anymore. I'm stubborn i guess, I had to want it, wouldn't stop till I did. Grateful for where I am today. Yeah and I too feel I was given strength from my Higher Power.

congrats again and pat yourself on the back, fantastic!!!!

H
Old 10-06-2004, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Congrats to you too, Hadenuff!
You are both an inspiration to me. Although, I fear gaining any more weight too. Hmmm. Gotta get to that gym!!!!
Keep up that good work, both of you. We need you to remind us that it IS possible to kick this addiction.
Shalom!