Notices

Is the use of psychedelics a relapse?

Old 08-28-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is the use of psychedelics a relapse?

Hello,
Im 2 years and 3 months clean, working the NA program, and i have to say its the only thing i have every tried that worked for me. It finally gave me a life. I like to think of myself as a spiritual person, Im into spirit science and have been feeling detached lately and lost in the spirit world and feel like im missing some links in the big picture, i feel disconnected and i need answers. I have past experience in the use of psychedelic drugs and i really think it can be the answer to give me the answers i need. I honestly have never used them in any abusive way, but im afraid that it would be a trigger for me and would get me back on the rollercoaster and i would actually 'relapse'. I also cant shake the fact that almost everyone in the fellowship in my country definitly will consider me a relapser if they knew i consumed psychedelics. So i guess what im trying to ask is for peoples experience and opinions on would it be a relapse or not? And what is considered a relapse and what is not?

Thank you
Old 08-28-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me those would be a relapse.
Plus, in time I would be adding to the mix.

When I'm out there, I do everything.

Mountainman
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by mraouf View Post
I like to think of myself as a spiritual person, Im into spirit science and have been feeling detached lately and lost in the spirit world and feel like im missing some links in the big picture, i feel disconnected and i need answers. I have past experience in the use of psychedelic drugs and i really think it can be the answer to give me the answers i need.
First of all any mind altering mood drug recovery is a relapse unless it's prescribed by a doctor.

You say your feelings detach from the spirit world and you're missing some links to the big picture? Can you elaborate exactly what that means?

I'm not sure how NA works in Egypt, but have you considered a retreat where the fundamental purpose is to allow addicts from the Fellowship to commune with one another in order to enrich their spiritual development?

They are better solution to your dilemma then picking up a drug then to surrender to this disease again.

TB
Old 08-31-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would consider it a relapse - but I can feel your struggle. For me, it also wasn't one I highly abused; now that I'm clean though it stands a good chance of leading me back to what brought me to NA.

There are many other paths one can take to experience spirituality. For me, it's when I'm at the gym. For another member I know, it's when they meditate. Don't be afraid to ask homegroup members for suggestions. I know a member who decided to go church-exploring until he found the right one. Some find peace in nature. Keep an open mind.