Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Just Getting Sober and Wondering if this is Normal with Librium

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I'm at 48+ hours being sober. I got lucky at the ER and the physician allowed me to home detox with Librium step down.

But I noticed about an hour after my stabilizing dose at the hospital that I was famished. Like starving. And all I could see when I walked out of there was the Taco bell across the street. I opted for a bottle of water instead and then at a regular meal at a regular time. I've been fanatically about my meds and drinking tons of water to rehydrate myself. I've also been keeping to a regular meal schedule. But even then, I just want to eat ALL the things.

I read that Librium can stimulate hunger and was curious if this was a normal thing and would ease after I finish the doses? I don't want to trade one addiction for another.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found whenever I got past the awful detox whether with medication or not I was very hungry all the time for a long while, after being too sick to eat at my worst drinking or detoxing. I think ita be more likely that... librium makes me tremendously sleepy but I didn't find it upped my appetite. Just being sober did just my experience tho. It should pass and male yourself aeal plan and lots of extra healthy snacks.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with Librium but I was often hungry in detox - probably because I'd eat very little while drinking?

D