Notices

Early days

Old 08-15-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Early days

Hi I'm new here today. 2 weeks into my detox which I did cold turkey and considering the amount I had built up to drinking I know now that this wasn't a good idea!
Second time I have tried in 6 months only got to day 4 the first time.
This time started with nausea ishakes and sweats after 2 hours and that didn't stop til day 3. Left weak and very agitated and paranoid. This all seems to have gone now but left with seriously itchy skin and can't sleep. Legs are really restless. Hope this will pass soon.Was so scared to do this again but looking in the Mirrror and looking at myself 2 years ago was a big eye opener. Have a very supportive partner so here's hoping I can change!
Old 08-15-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Always best to speak with your doc, sleeping in early recovery from my own experience and talking to others is a real battle, your doc can help you with this for a couple of weeks, sleep is so critical.

Do you have a recovery plan in place?

All the best
Andrew
Old 08-15-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Dencat!!
Old 08-15-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome Dencat. There's lots of support and good people here.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Dencat! I am glad you are feeling better after your detox and that you are ok. Detoxing alone is very dangerous.

There is an August support thread that I think would really help you. It's basically a bunch of people who have started their sobriety journey in August supporting eachother.

August 2016 support thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

I am in the March 2016 class and we are like family now. "Cyber Family" . They have saved my butt a few times when I have wanted to drink.

Anyway, welcome!
Old 08-15-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Dencat,

Glad you are back and posting. It took me a while to finally get the sobriety thing right, and I am glad I didn't give up.

SR is an incredible support, thanks to this site, especially the January class I have been able to remain sober this time. I am feeling better physically and mentally. I wake up with a clear head. I have lost 37 pounds since January and I am able to deal with the everyday stresses of life much better.

You should start by joining the August class and checking in here daily. Dee has a great link about recovery plans, spend some time checking out that link to see what might work best for you.

You can do this!!!
Old 08-15-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi
Old 08-15-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Dencat
D
Old 08-15-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dencat - I know what you mean about the paranoia. Every time I self-detoxed from a binge, I would freak out all throughout the day and be constantly peeking out the windows thinking someone was sneaking up on my property.

You'll get over it though, just know that. Have you consulted a doctor about what you're doing?
Old 08-15-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you, Dencat. I'm glad you made the decision to change your life. I had those symptoms too - everything got better. You can do it.