Notices

letting go

Old 07-12-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

letting go

I am now past the 60 day mark and want to thank all of you for your kindness on SR .
I am working on " letting go" of old ways of thinking that don't serve me now .I am learning that having prolonged levels of anxiety is due to fearful thinking that has become a habit almost at a subconscious level .
I am learning to be in the present and not to worry about tomorrow or yesterday which is very difficult after years of fretting and anxious thinking . I am learning to accept that there is a collective consciousness of Goodness and love out there and to be part of that rather than looking for what is bad in the world .
For anyone who thinks they are a bit old to change you are never too old , I will be 60 in September . I have nothing to prove now , no one to impress , I can be as I am without fear or worry , I can "LET GO " .
Old 07-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Anxiety is a symptom of fear. I turn my will and life over to the God of my understanding and my life becomes better
Old 07-12-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

It's taken me years and years to learn to let go of that old way of thinking. For a long time I couldn't grasp what people meant when they tried to show me what I was doing to myself. The pain and suffering I created all in my own mind is unbelievable when I look at it now.

It's a continuing process and what a difference it has made in my life.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a wonderful share..thank you!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Madbird View Post
. The pain and suffering I created all in my own mind is unbelievable when I look at it now.

It's a continuing process and what a difference it has made in my life.
Glad you said that Madbird , exactly the same with me . Social anxiety has crippled me as far back as I can remember, little wonder I drank so much from an early age . Now I see there is nothing to fear in normal everyday situations . Why do I feel much better at this stage ? I can't explain it , it's as if deep down something's told a part of me "everything is OK " .
Might sound a bit heavy but it's how I feel .

Thanks
Old 07-12-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

60 days is great