Notices

Acupuncture

Old 06-28-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Acupuncture

Hi all

Just wanted to share my first experience of acupuncture. The group is run by RDash/Clearways in Rotherham, UK although I'm sure it's available through the NHS elsewhere.

I've always been very skeptical of trying anything 'alternative' but as my key worker said - 'what have you got to lose?'. So I battled my anxiety, got ready and left the house, found the place and you know what? It was great. It's not a miracle cure, but it's good being in a place talking to people all doing the same activity, who are all there for different reasons and addictions. I'll certainly be going back.

Next plan is to go to a relaxation and anxiety group tomorrow, the attend a mental health beginners football group. I suppose with me, it's things that keep me busy that I need. Don't get me wrong I've never been a 'group' person and massive loner - but perhaps that's where I've been going wrong.

This will be an uphill battle, I'm not denying it, but today I haven't thought about the past - just the future so if it's what it takes to keep me on track and focused, surely that's no bad thing? Who knows.

Hope everyone is having a good, or easier day than yesterday and for those who are struggling, tomorrow is always a new day
Old 06-28-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Airyfairy, I'm glad that you were pleased with the acupuncture experience. And, it sounds like you are doing what you need to do to get and to stay sober.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Strangely I got in, and just crashed out asleep for an hour! Relaxation alright.... haha