Notices

Newcomer On the road to recovery

Old 06-27-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Newcomer On the road to recovery

hello everyone! My name is Nichole. 36 yr old mother of 3. I've been battling my addiction to powdered cocaine for 13-14 yrs (I can't even believe this number) my boyfriend and I have been together for that entire time and we've used together the entire time. And while we've struggled with bills and things due to our addiction, we never felt like we needed help. Well, that has changed. I find myself, getting high at night can't sleep and don't go to work, or I'm late. It's so embarrassing! Sometimes I've went there with no sleep, and still
High. And every time I tell myself, don't get high
On a night when you have to work..cocaine addiction doesn't work like that! It wants what it wants from you whenever it wants it. And we're weak so we give in. But lately I've found myself feeling so tired from protecting this secret which is hindering me. My lively hood (job) and my dignity is always on the line. I hate that feeling of people secretly talking about me behind my back. I feel
Very insecure, like I'm damaged goods. Well today was the day, I got up this morning after crying all night feeling sorry for myself and I went to my first voluntarily meeting! I stayed for the entire meeting. I was very uncomfortable. But I pushed through. The people were very welcoming. And I even got a few numbers from some of them, in case I needed
Support from home. I just searched to see
When my next meeting will be and I saw one for
Tomorrow, and I'm going! Cocaine has ruined my life, it's not fun for me anymore. I'm tired of feeling like I have this huge pink elephant that nobody can see but me. (They see it, but don't say anything) well in an attempt to be held accountable I text my aunt and told her everything and she was shocked. Very supportive, I asked that she keep it between her and I for now! *Deep sigh* today has been the day for me to attempt to start new!And I'm so ready for the journey ahead. Thanks for accepting me in the group, can't wait to see all of the wonderful milestones we reach.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a very supportive family. You'll find lots of useful ideas here.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Niceontheroad

I've been clean from cocaine almost 4 years and want you to know it's possible I also got sober nearly 3 years ago (when I stopped using my drinking went even more out of control)

This is a great place to get clean sober there are great people here and a great sober clean community all helping people trying to get clean & sober or stay clean & sober

Nice to meet you