Notices

When the best intentions go wrong

Old 06-22-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When the best intentions go wrong

Long story short, I became sober 9 yrs ago, but 2yrs ago my husband cheated on me. I went to gym twice a week and cycled, ate healthy, was perfect lol. So now 2 yrs later I find myself wanting to stop drinking again, I didn't think I drank that much tbh, but when I stopped this week I had 3 days of none stop sweat and flu like symptoms, gutted! I had to get some larger this eve to stop it. I have only had 3, not gone crazy, but don't know what to do now to stop. x
Old 06-22-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! It is often recommended to see your doctor for medical help in getting safely thru alcohol withdrawal. Drinking again only resets your clock and gives you w/d again. Physical withdrawal lasts a few days to a week. It's hell but once it's over you start feeling better, but only if you stay sober. I'd suggest you get medical help to detox and then work up a plan for staying sober.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you x. I tried medical last time, but I'm an accountant and cannot sleep for a week, so went cold turkey as they say, I can't lose my clients. If it's a week of sweating I can cope, just was a bit if a shock tbh as was worse than last time x
Old 06-22-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Google "alcohol kindling". It tells why withdrawal gets worse each time you go thru it. Sets out a good argument for staying sober.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here Pink....much support & understanding here. Be kind to yourself!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pink, withdrawals do tend to worsen and are unpredictable so don't hesitate to go to a dr if you need to. I do hope that you feel better.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome - it's great to meet you, Pink. When I was withdrawing I posted & read here a lot - also went on long walks to help calm the jitters. As Least said, ideally we should have medical assistance when quitting. Keeping busy is key, as I'm sure you know. Once you're off it you never have to go through this misery again. You can do it.