Buyers Remorse (Not all Rehabs are created Equally)

Old 06-18-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Buyers Remorse (Not all Rehabs are created Equally)

I now many of you read my AD long story, so here is the part where I melted down today. I am melting down again today...

All the while we were looking at 1. Long term, 2. Dual Diagnosis, 3. Holistic, 4. 12-Step, 5. Spiritual, 6. PTSD/Trauma/ Chronic Pain, rehab. we found one (There are 5 locations in Michigan) all owned by the same guy.. His name is Per Wickstrom - Google him) he is is pretty up there in the Church of Scientology), We are recruited by a man named Greg, with Life solutions (another company owned by Mr. Wickstrom)

We picked one ( I will not name it as all who have passed this line before have been sued for defamation) Lawsuits found on Internet.. and the "So-called/Really true" Defamation was removed. We were told she was going to a place that met all of those categories above... Every single one of them.. Not once did they say they were going to take her off her Psych Meds for Depression and Mood Stabilizers.. blah blah...

I get her on a plane last night, finally after she had 1 melt down that led to a plane change, I wake up to calls from this center telling me, she wont consent to having her Psych Meds taken away and they have no intentions of prescribing her new ones... She cannot stay in the program. I start googling this place find out about the ties to Scientology. I call and demand to speak to my daughter, they hemmed and hawed for a while.. Said she was eating a salad and they would call me back when she was done, I threaten to call the sheriff of Manistee County Mi, and finally viola they have me on the phone with her she is freaked out.. talking about how she was lied to and how she had not yet been allowed to sleep.

They wont let me talk to her alone.. I demand that they have her on a plane back home tonight and I have a confirmation in my email in 1 hour of her flight and everything... Well one hour rolls around no email no confirmation.

I call back and demand to speak to the same Guy who called they keep hanging up on me, I keep calling back then I get a call from Nick, said he wanted to help me find another facility for my daughter to be transported to.. then had an argument with me about how holistic and psych meds cannot co-occur.. I told him that I would not trust him to find me another facility.. by this time I know I have sold my daughter to a swear a flipping cult..

I call back and demand that the receptionist put the man on the phone that I had first talked to, then I was immediately called by Nick who had a confirmation email in my box with in minutes,

I called back talked to my daughter who was now not making any sense, said she was just tired.. there is a 4 1/2 hour time between manistee and Detroit.. her flight is now in 1 hour she has not yet checked in for her flight, I have arranged gate assist for her with Delta.

I called back and talked to the director of the center I demand the number for the driver.. she has to be checked in in 15 minutes to get her bags checked..

She has made it to the airport, with 30 Minutes to spare.. Doubt her bags are going to be on the plane, but she was not assisted to the counter like the center said she would be... Delta cannot confirm she has checked yet. But she will have a Greet and assist to the gate.. not sure what to do about the bags... I just want her on that damn plane home I am so scared.. she has no money.. nothing she cannot be stuck in Detroit air port overnight...

headbange
Old 06-18-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Jenni! I am so sorry ((hug)). You've been really strong and have accomplished a lot so far. You're in my prayers. Please let us know when your daughter is back with you!
Old 06-18-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She did not make it in time for the flight, she is on a flight in the morning, staying the night at Detroit Airport.. unable to check in until 4 hours before her flight. they did give her money for food and a cell phone charger.. I checked and confirmed she is on the 830 AM flight tomorrow..
Old 06-18-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank GOD you got her out of there! That cult is QUACKTASTIC!!
Old 06-19-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh my! I'm glad that you got her out of there and she is safe!

I wish y'all the best of luck in finding a better facility.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Angry

They did not get her to the airport in time, and the next flight was not out of detroit till this morning at 8:30 AM est. She cannot check in for 1 more hour, but has a dead cell phone, and cannot buy a charger till she gets on the other side of TSA.. she has not slept in three days, and I cannot call her to wake her up... I am just hoping she wakes up on her own and her stuff has not been stolen.. I can call Delta and check to see if she checks in by 630 AM my time.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jennirey, prayers out for you and your daughter, and that she arrives home safely today.