Notices

Back here for support

Old 06-11-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back here for support

I'm going to take a guess and say that I last posted here 2 years ago. I will find out for sure when I go back and read my posts....which I am in no hurry to do because my life was chaotic then and I will critique them and judge myself. Anyway glad to be back. since my last post I have drank maybe 7 different times. always for 1 night and then not again for weeks or months.. now I drank last Thursday and last night. Seems to be getting too close together. I just want to stop comepletely. my challenges are that I am so shy now. I can't stand the thought of going to a meeting and people even looking at me. I have low self esteem and I need to get over that. I'm 49 years old. fairly attractive and young for my age in my attitude but I could lose some lbs...so I guess that's it. I have no friends and spend my time at work 40 hours a week then at home helping raise my grandsons with my daughter and checking on my dad who lives down the street from me. That's it. I was doing yoga at a studio in town but put a hold on my membership for 2 months to babysit for my daughter in the evenings while she goes to nursing assistant training. day 1
Old 06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good to see you back tate! I think you and I were around here at about the same time. I signed up in June of 2013 and kept posting until October of 2014 and then walked away. Whaddya think happened?

I'm back as of May 9th and I get so happy to see old board mates back. So glad that you're here!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Tate! Sounds like you are a very busy person, I think one thing you'll need to to is relclaim some of your time just for you. Taking care of all the people you mention is a blessing but not at the expense of you not having enough time for yourself. You may need to set some boundaries with your daughter and schedule some times where you can attend to your needs ( meetings, or whatever you choose to aid you in your recovery ). It doesn't need to be a lot but it's your time and you can dictate how it's used.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Tate. I also tried to moderate after a relapse, but eventually suffered from alcohol creep. One day with one drink eventually led to several drinks every day. I found that one of the benefits of quitting alcohol increased my self esteem. I was accomplishing something very difficult and became motivated to take better care of myself. I set about trying to lose the 20 pounds I gained during my relapse. Glad you're here. I know you will find positive changes in your life.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tate! :-)
Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back trying again.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to see you again, Tate. I really think drinking makes our shyness worse in the long run. I'm glad you're taking a look at what it's doing to your life. Glad you are here.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Tate!!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Good to see you back tate! I think you and I were around here at about the same time. I signed up in June of 2013 and kept posting until October of 2014 and then walked away. Whaddya think happened?

I'm back as of May 9th and I get so happy to see old board mates back. So glad that you're here!
Thank you I'm glad you made it back too. We can help each other.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tate