Notices

2 weeks

Old 06-07-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks

I'm 2 weeks sober but a total wreck. My emotions are crazy. I'm very depressed. I'm get sad over every little thing. I will bring this up to my dr on Monday. I've been praying for relief. I just don't know what to do.

There's so much going on right now. I just want to be happy.

I've even thought about canceling my therapy appt for this week because I feel like there is no helping me. Obviously I have more issues than just alcoholism. I'm lost. I feel broken.

I try to be "okay" for my son and do things with him. I asked him if he and his friends wanted to go to the pool, but he said his friends couldn't go b/c they're not allowed to be around my husband. (He got into with their mother about 3 weeks ago over an incident that happened). And when he told me that, it just made me feel even worse about everything and my life, especially after the recent encounters with my sister. Right now I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately and also for not being supportive of you all. I know this is supposed to be a two way street here, but lately I don't even feel qualified to give myself any advise. I hope everyone is doing good.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Two weeks is wonderful. But it is also very early in recovery and perfectly normal for our emotions to be all over the place.

You'll be happy. All things in due course. If you remain sober.

And tell your therapist what you are going through. That's what therapy is all about.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 2 weeks Jillian! Definitely do NOT cancel your therapy appt, the more help you can get the better. I'd take Carl's suggestion even further - print out your post and take it with you to your counselor to see. Sometimes it's easier than saying out loud.

When things get really crazy for me I sometimes organize my time outside work just like my time at work - put things down in a calendar and just take them one at a time. And make sure to put time for yourself there too - to read, take a walk, meditate, whatever you can do to help relax and feel better about yourself.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think your doing really well Jillian stick with us x
Old 06-07-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks sober! What you are feeling is a lot more normal then you might think, even though when we are going through it, it doesn't feel normal and we don't want it to last.

Definitely go to your counseling appointment, I have found the appointments I wanted to skip have been some of my best because if I am trying to get out of going that usually means I have a lot going on and need the counseling session more then ever. Have you thought about finding a psychiatrist that you trust to talk about medication options? Sometimes depression is a completely normal part of early recovery, and sometimes we have more things going on that need to be addressed with medication. I know for me that was the case.

Don't give up on yourself, everyday you are sober the stronger you will get! Recovery isn't always easy, but as I have read someone say on here before "my worst day sober is still better then my best day drunk/using". I try to remind myself that when I am struggling.

HUGS, don't give up on yourself! You can do it and you are worth it! We are all behind you here!