Notices

My GFs Meth addiction.. what to do... (sigh)

Old 06-03-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My GFs Meth addiction.. what to do... (sigh)

My EX GF Got started smoking Meth around 2 years ago due to an old boyfriend turning her on to it. At first it was just a few times a month, then a few times a week and now its around 25 days out of the month. I have moved in and out of her apartment twice now because I can't get along with her.
On Meth she can be mean and nasty as heck, and has no interest in any "bedroom" type of activities nor does she want to be touched at all. Many times she gets so high she reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow as she cant sit still and "sways" all over the place.

Her 23 year old daughter and 1 year old granddaughter now live there too, but my EX has no patience for the daughter or a toddler and is evicting them and now wants me to move back in, but only if I accept a downgrade in our relationship from "boyfriend" to "friend", because due to Meth, she has no interest in treating me like a boyfriend anymore. (odd huh? I always heard meth effects girls the opposite way, maybe its her age, shes 54)

I said NO. I'm not going to live with an EX who now wont touch me. Her response was to text me a long rambling rant about how I am abandoning her and now she will end up homeless with her 4 cats and its my fault. Then later that night she texted: "you better get out of town fast, Since I and my cats will have no place to live, I'm buying a gun, and its for all of us."

Ive been with her 4 years and thats not her talking, thats the meth and I have been trying to talk her into quitting meth, but she refuses and just loves the high too much I guess.

I could report the threat, but the daughter smokes meth too and if the police get involved it could turn their whole world upside down and the 1 year old could end up in foster care. (the toddler is treated well by her mom, meth or not, - heck Ive never seen so many toys)

The daughter is one of those people who can do meth without it seeming to effect them much, maybe due to young age, kinda like a "functioning alcoholic" I never see her acting crazy.. just cleans a lot.. vacuums more then needed.

And I still care about my EX, I just wish she could sober up. Along with meth she drinks around a pint of rum per day 4 days a week and smokes 3 or 4 pipe-fulls of weed a day. So 95% of the time she is either drunk, high, stoned or all 3.

Me and her both drank when we met, I still do, But meth has screwed her head up, and I just wish I could make her see it.

Cant afford another hotel room tonight, if I cant find a couch to sleep on, I will pitch a tent and use my sleeping bags.. at least its warm here.

Comments welcome.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
waking down

Rough situation, but for what it's worth you seem to be on the right track. We all have our limits, and people need boundaries. Stay safe.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

IN all honestY? You need to take care of you. Get on your own feet. Best of luck and keep posting.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Youre worthless to the world if you can't stand on your own.

Something I learned early on..

Further, you cannot shoulder a load when first standing.

Just because you feel up to helping..don't take into much.

I'm sorry you're in such a situation.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are all so right... but its hard to let go... We had a lot of good years together.. Its hard to let go of someone you love...knowing that if I wash my hands of her.. she could crash and burn and I would feel guilty..

I see her as being "sick" - she has a condition.. and maybe I cant help her, but if that sickness causes her to perish, I will always wonder if I could have done something.. other then leaving her alone....
Old 06-04-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alright mate,

People on speed usually tidy loads - comes with the territory - when they haven't got any they usually sit in squalor (my experience)

Sounds like a disaster of a relationship/situation - dust yourself down and move on - you can't help an addict who doesn't see a problem or address it if they do see it. Like trying to fight someone while running up a steep hill - usually ends in tears sadly

Understand you have feelings and love her etc but if you aren't careful it will start ******* your life up as well.

Don't kid yourself about the daughter - if she carries on the rate she is if you see her next 5 years from now you won't recognise her - it's s destructive drug and you just don't escape the dragnet that easily.

Be strong pal and move on.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

toys do not equal good parenting. that child is being exposed to a toxic deadly drug, probably exposed to second hand smoke and NO ONE should be anywhere NEAR children when high on meth. i'd rather see that child in foster care than with a meth smoking parent.

she has threatened you. she no longer sees you as a partner, but as a means to an end. meth puts people out of their minds.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
toys do not equal good parenting. that child is being exposed to a toxic deadly drug, probably exposed to second hand smoke and NO ONE should be anywhere NEAR children when high on meth. i'd rather see that child in foster care than with a meth smoking parent. she has threatened you. she no longer sees you as a partner, but as a means to an end. meth puts people out of their minds.
Was thinking that myself re toys - I saw this girl for a brief time in Sydney the kid had every toy but there was bugs all over the kitchen. Disgusting. Toys are Not an indication of a loving home at all.
This girl basically also admitted she had pretended he has autism so she could get some kind of additional support/government help.
Kid seemed fine to me and I have pals with autistic kids of all ranges this little lad was find. I realised she was not just a bit but totally & utterly mad.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I also lived with someone who used meth and after a while, I didn't recognize him anymore. His behavior was so erratic and confusing. He would also pick arguments with anyone who questioned him about his drug use.

Please know that anything that happens to your your ex gf is a result of her choices, and it's not your fault. She will say anything to manipulate you and to get her way, so please be careful. Stay safe and take care of yourself.