Notices

Away for a bit

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Away for a bit

Hello guys!!!

I will not be posting a lot in the next couple of weeks. My mom will be visiting from overseas (we see each other in person about 4 times a year, FaceTime almost everyday). I have posted about her a little before. We shall see how it goes this time. I will still read as I do everyday. I'm trying to be positive and enjoy our time together.

My mom knows I don't drink anymore. But she has still offered me drinks on occasion. She is proud of me for doing it but she isn't actively supportive. We do not speak about it. At 7 months I told her I had 7 months all excited and she answered "when are you doing to stop counting?"...

She is a drinker and sometimes drinks a lot. I grew up seeing her drink and sometimes took care of her while drunk. She was a great mother in some ways even with all her faults.

I am getting anxiety from wondering if she is going to want to drink and then offer it to me. I am not worried about accepting it but dealing with the annoyance I'm going to feel from her just offering IF she even does. I'm going to just take it day by day. The only this we can really do.

My daughter has been gone all week and returns tonight. Not much AV activity, and that's weird because when she is gone AV starts mumbling.

So chao chao fam. All of you will be with me.

Oh, tomorrow is my birthday. Yeah!!! 3rd one sober. Woohoo!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

If she does offer you a drink, it seems like it would be perfectly appropriate to say, "No. I don't drink anymore, remember? And please don't offer me another one because the answer is always going to be no."

Remember SR is here 24/7 if you need to drop in and talk or vent during her visit.

Enjoy the visit and here's an early happy birthday wish for you!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe you can set up a boundary ahead of time?

Happy Birthday, Nowsthetime!

Old 06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

All of the above &
Old 06-03-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have a nice visit and do check in here if things get tough. happy birthday!