Notices

Good Afternoon

Old 05-26-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon

Hi, I don't have a lot to say right now. I'm going to do a lot of reading and learning. My son is in recovery. He was clean for one year, went through inpatient rehab and then an IOP program. He relapsed shortly after completing the IOP. Obviously he needs structure and accountability, and I am very happy that he's beginning another IOP in a few days. Also, he's recently started Step Work with a sponsor. Although he's been going to daily meetings since he came home from rehab last year, he's never worked with a sponsor before. I'm praying that a sponsor was the missing piece of his recovery, and this time he'll be successful. I have so much to learn. I may say the wrong thing. Sometimes I may sound naive. I'm trying! I am not an overly-religious person... I think more spiritual than religious. But I have to say that since my son developed his problem, I have returned to prayer and it gives me a sense of calm. I also started seeing a therapist to deal with my anxiety and am working on meditating. I have no idea if that's the kind of intro post I'm supposed to make. I hope it's ok. I wish everyone here all the best. I want to learn from you, and maybe you can learn from me, too. Love, J.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm glad you found us and decided to post.

I, too, hope that your son makes it this time. And, I'm glad that you are here and seeking support.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jenna. I'm right there with you, and I hope this is just what he needs.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are keeping things together, good for you. Hang in there.