Notices

I'm still here and probably should't be

Old 05-15-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm still here and probably should't be

I wrote a few days ago about how much of a wild day I had at court. I mean usually go there knowing what my lawyer worked out for me. He didn't even know this time. Wednesday was phone call after phone call of bad news. I'm waiting to see my therapist and my phone just keeps ringing with bad news. So Thursday court is here and we finally work it out. I think I mentioned that the deal was I continue to work with my sponsor who is a new one for me. 60 days of this alcohol monitor that I have to pay for and another fine I have to pay for before next May of 800 plus dollars. Sometimes I feel like I'm rambling, but I did receive an interesting email Thursday just after I got home from court. It was from my other job. Some of you might remember I was suspended because of the charge I picked up while drunk back in February. So they wanted me to work it out before coming back. I couldn't do much since my court date is months out. Well they said they would allow me to work and once my case is dismissed I'm fully in the clear.

So in a nut shell no jail time which the judge said and I quote "your lawyer really saved your bacon today". I get my other job back because trust me I was beyond stressed.

I truly and wholeheartedly want my life and marriage back on track. I know mentioned how it took around a year or so to put the pieces back together. I know we addicts want instant gratification right? So been back on the sober bus for about 10 days now.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 10
Old 05-16-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

You say you probably shouldn't be here, on the contrary, this is exactly where you need to be. You're doing good work and although I've tried many times in the past, and I think you're already aware, this can't be done alone.

I'm so glad things worked out for you. You've been given a huge gift. Use it well!
Old 05-16-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a lot of things are going your way m,an - if this isn't a sign, I dunno what is...

D
Old 05-16-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getright15 View Post

I know we addicts want instant gratification right? So been back on the sober bus for about 10 days now.
Hope that you will stay on the clean and sober bus
it seems to work out for the best for us.

So many times I walked out of court
doing not as bad as I thought
only in time to give in to my addictions
and end up back in trouble.

Do not follow in my foot steps.

M-Bob
Old 05-16-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh man ... Stressful indeed. But it appears that the hope of getting things together is back. Lawyer saved your bacon. Priceless.

I wish you ...Good things to come!
Old 05-16-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

There are people in your corner and they are counting on you to make it work.

Sounds like you don't have any lingering mental issues to help you stay clean. E.g. fear, anxiety, paranoia. I needed booze to feel normal.

It took a month of being clean to realize that. That is when the mental issues ramped up.

That is what kept me clean.

Sounds like the judge was ready to lock you up. Those dudes have little to no tolerance. He probably expects to see you in front of him again eventually. Prove him wrong.

Live out the rest of your life super clean. Fight the addiction. Build them sober muscles.

Sitting around Friday night used to seem lame compared to having a few snorts. But, waking up Saturday feeling great and taking care of me and my family sober is the only way to go.

You know this.

Stay clean sir. Your life depends on it.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Build on the the ten days you have and start living the sober life. I am closing in on a year and a half sober, and my drinking life pales in comparison to the life I have now. You can do it.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like everything aligned just perfectly for you Getitright. I also agree that on the contrary to your thread title, now - more than ever - is when you should be seeking as much support as you can possibly muster. We only get so many chances at this...and you never know which bender will be the one that takes you and everyone else around you down the drain for good. Make the best of your good fortune and build on what you have for a sobriety plan...because everything - literally everything - hinges on your choices and dedication to stay sober.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 10 days!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes well done on ten days. I had a bad habit of celebrating my escapes from the consequences of my drinking by going out drinking again. I hope that idea won't be in your mind.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The universe has given you an incredible gift...good for you for respecting that.

You can do this.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you take advantage of the good things coming your way.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm doing what I can and what I should be. It's really hard to manage everything I have to manage as I'm sure all of us in life do. Ever since my last bender ended with me with the psyc ward and detox center I'm trying to move forward.

I've lost the trust of my wife which I'm trying to slowly build back but I know that will take a while.