Notices

Day 3

Old 05-13-2016, 02:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Hey Guys,
I'm still holding on. Day 3 is the hardest so far for me. Now that I have some time between now and my last drink, I've come to the realization that I'm really going through with this. And it's scary. I've been thinking of a way to describe this feeling that I have and I was gonna use the "it feels like I broke up with a girlfriend of 10 yrs (alcohol)." But it's more like being surgically removed from my Siamese twin. I know it's sounds weird but that's the only way I could describe it right now. Being attached to something that was always there when lonely, anxious, depressed, etc. No matter what time of day or night, the booze was there to tell me everything is ok. Now it's gone.

As for withdrawal so far. Trembling is settling down. Confusion. Cloudy vision (at times). Terrible restlessness. Anxiety through the room. Appetite coming back and I'm feeding it with nothing but nutritious and natural food with lots of water and green tea.

I've never made it this far because I never tried. I appreciate everything you guys have been saying. It really does help
Old 05-13-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get easier Jimmy - just stay with us - post as much as you need to.

You're doing the right thing

D
Old 05-13-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do this Jimmy. Looks like you have a really healthy approach, keep working you plan and you will get there.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's just all so new to me! It's 4:30 am and I can get in my car and just go for a cruise like I used to before I started the drinking. I can go to breakfast with my family. I can drive up to six flags with my family for the day. I can go on and on with things that I could do today but it's all because I'm not drunk or having a debilitating hangover. And this scares me. It's all so new. I feel like I'm being bombarded.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You got this !
It is a huge perk to be able to participate in life again.

Have a great day Jimmy.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're doing great Jimmy! Enjoy whatever great adventure you choose to take today! I agree the newness is overwhelming, but I'm sure it's great to wake up not hungover with plenty of options for your day. Have a great one, whatever you do
Old 05-13-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimmy10k View Post
It's just all so new to me! It's 4:30 am and I can get in my car and just go for a cruise like I used to before I started the drinking. I can go to breakfast with my family. I can drive up to six flags with my family for the day. I can go on and on with things that I could do today but it's all because I'm not drunk or having a debilitating hangover. And this scares me. It's all so new. I feel like I'm being bombarded.
I agree, it is so easy to get overwhelmed. I've just been dealing with the feelings as they come. Just deal with today and be present, tomorrow will come and there will be new things, exciting and scary. I'm on day 8 and I've been hanging around here a lot mostly reading stories, but chiming in when I can and need some hand holding. Just give a holler if you need it and someone will be here.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job Jimmy
Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're doing a fantastic job Jimmy keep going because it does get easier.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

still hanging in there Jimmy?