Notices

Methadone information

Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Methadone information

I am a little confused, I thought methadone once ingested was converted into morphine inside your body. Yet I just had a UA and it said tested positive for morphine. All I have taken was my prescription methadone, do they separate out morphine and methadone or do they group both together as they are almost the same thing. Are there other things that will show as morphine other than real morphine?
Old 05-10-2016, 12:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need to go back to your Dr or whoever did the testing I think.

From my own experience, there are things that can show up as false positives - if you've taken any taken any over the counter medicines or painkillers lately they may show up?

D
Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunfist View Post
I am a little confused, I thought methadone once ingested was converted into morphine inside your body. Yet I just had a UA and it said tested positive for morphine. All I have taken was my prescription methadone, do they separate out morphine and methadone or do they group both together as they are almost the same thing. Are there other things that will show as morphine other than real morphine?
Your question is a tad confusing since you said you think it converts to morphine, but then were surprised it showed up that way. It does not convert to morphine and needs to be tested for specifically which most 5 panel tests do not check for.

Obviously clinics test for it specifically and morphine or other opiates would show up separately (which is kind of the point of a clinic setting anyway to make sure you are not abusing anything else). As Dee said talk to your doctor. There are some things that do cause false positives, but for me when I failed it was because I was taking something I shouldn't have been.