Notices

Wobbling

Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wobbling

I'm struggling tonight guys my girlfriend stayed out last night and is still out now we had an argument and she isn't taking calls / replying to messages.

I've been thinking of buying beer in the last hour and the urges are still there.

I'm stuck in a real rut at the moment, binge eating every night and heavier than I've ever been. Not sleeping properly it doesn't matter how much I sleep I don't feel rested and it's ruining my days

What do I do guys, head for oblivion? I'm a wreck anyway with all this fatty food inside me
Old 05-06-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Il tell you one thing if you drink your going to have a lot more problems Stewy and with all that food will only cause gastritis - I don't miss that at all Stewy I know your hurting right now but don't add to it

Good job reaching out stick close & play the tape of you drinking till the end

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
Old 05-06-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Play the tape all the way through. Whenever I feel like my AV is trying to convince me that that one "innocent" beer would be okay, I play it all the way to the end and realize that's not a good outcome. If fact, it's quite miserable: Not getting important things done, the anxiety and crappy mood, the restless sleep, the waking up feeling foggy headed.
Just don't do it. You'll feel proud of yourself for it tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ha! Soberwolf, we think alike with the "play the tape" thing. Looks like I've finally caught on thanks to your advice and others as well.
Thanks.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, drinking will of course, make everything worse.

Try to make some small changes with your eating, adding some good nutrients into your diet and removing some of the empty calories. Go out for a walk every day and I think you will feel the benefits. You can get yourself out of the rut.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stewy, hang in - there isn't anything that drinking will improve - it only makes everything worse.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done for posting. I admire you for that.
Drinking won't help. Best to face this sober. Daybreak will help to see everything clearer.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stewy, sorry for your troubles. You know that drinking isn't going to solve anything and will make everything worse. I don't care how you look at it, if you drink today will get worse for you. You've got a ton of people in your corner, you can do this.

Stay strong Stewy. You can get through today without drinking. You're a strong individual who is in a rut right now. We all go through those times; I know I do for sure.

Don't let alcohol win this battle or control you today. Stay strong and good for you on posting when you feel week.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
What do I do guys, head for oblivion? I'm a wreck anyway with all this fatty food inside me
You take a step back and relax a bit - get out and take a walk or read a book. Then remember that there are solutions to all the problems you face, but drinking is not one of them. It will of course make it all worse - the anxiety, your health, everything will be worse if you drink.

Have you still been working with your doctor/therapist? Sounds like the eating thing might need some external input, woudn't you say?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stewy,obviously you know you don't really want to drink or you wouldn't have posted and reached out first,correction,you may want to drink but you know its not gonna end up good,sit back,read the two links posted,go for a walk,drink lots of water, anything to get your mind off buying gross beer,you did a great thing coming here and posting😊
Old 05-06-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

how about you go for a walk? help burn off some energy, angst and calories. don't keep stewing, stewy!!! the world isn't ending just cuz ya'll had a tiff.......it's time to seize the day and all that! get out there and ENJOY life!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I shared in a meeting just the other night that relationships are a big trigger for people in early sobriety. Sounds like you need to focus on you.....you are worth it. Stop drinking friend.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It won't help one bit Stewy, and won't it be good when your gf comes home and you haven't picked up. Another argument will be dead on the cards. Stay strong.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stewy - some great advice here

Drinking at the symptoms won't help - but talking to your gf about your relationship just might?

D
Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I didn't drink, thanks everyone, phew I'm relieved , girlfriend just wants to be left alone so I'll just go about my day anyways hey
Old 05-07-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

And huge thanks to everyone for getting me through last night, I was seriously contemplating boozing
Old 05-07-2016, 04:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sometimes it's best to let both sides simmer down after a row. She probably knows she needs to calm down a bit before any reasonable conversation can be had. I usually need that as well, although I hate leaving things open, and left to my own devises would always dive straight back into an argument rather than wait and give things the time they need. I'm getting a little more patient nowadays, but I do have to work on it.

This is always the kind not time that I'm really grateful to have an AA meeting to get to, or someone from the fellowship to ask to meet for a coffee and chat. Do you have someone similar you can meet up with?
Old 05-07-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Sometimes it's best to let both sides simmer down after a row. She probably knows she needs to calm down a bit before any reasonable conversation can be had. I usually need that as well, although I hate leaving things open, and left to my own devises would always dive straight back into an argument rather than wait and give things the time they need. I'm getting a little more patient nowadays, but I do have to work on it. This is always the kind not time that I'm really grateful to have an AA meeting to get to, or someone from the fellowship to ask to meet for a coffee and chat. Do you have someone similar you can meet up with?
Yeah I just arranged to see my friend later and watch football that will get me out of the house which is always a plus. I spend too much time inside as it is
Old 05-07-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done seriously awesome getting through that remember you always have us bud