Notices

Work cravings

Old 05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Work cravings

Today is day 8I've never been one to drink at work.. I have always waited until I got home to get tanked. Functional if you can call it that. All day today I have been thinking about nothing but drinking .I know cravings are normal, It just feels like it won't pass ever since meetings this morning I have been craving a drink. Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fatboyanon View Post
Today is day 8I've never been one to drink at work.. I have always waited until I got home to get tanked. Functional if you can call it that. All day today I have been thinking about nothing but drinking .I know cravings are normal, It just feels like it won't pass ever since meetings this morning I have been craving a drink. Any suggestions?

Think the process through. What will happen if you drink? What sorts of regrets will you have? Will you then continue drinking? You know how hard it was to get 8 days, do you really want to start over?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

When we drank we really didn't crave, as we always knew that at some point we were going to get our "fix" of alcohol. When we quit, when we deprive ourselves from something we are used to getting, we are introduced to the phenomenon of craving. That takes getting used to.

First off, I suggest you don't cave to the craving. That will set you back, because once you "feed the beast" it becomes even more insistent. I also suggest you eat something or at least fill your belly with water. Trick your mind into thinking it is too full to drink alcohol.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

for a moment there i thought you meant you were getting cravings FOR work!!?? whew.

so ya have cravings. big deal. they won't kill ya. they might annoy the F out of you, but they in and of themselves are HARMLESS. rather like those stupid gnats that always swarm right outside the open door on a warm evening......

DO.NOT.DRINK. period. as carl said, cravings are actually a "good" sign, meaning you've gone longer without a drink and your body is trying to figure out what this means and how to recover.