Notices

Day 10, struggling

Old 04-26-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10, struggling

I am on day 10 .. I have not drank. But last night I wanted to drink .. and had actually convinced myself to do it. I did not do it because my girlfriend was with me and said "No, I can't deal with this anymore."

Then again today I felt the same today and she told me no again.

So while I have not drank and still am on day 10 ... it's only because of her ... it scares me .. I was doing pretty good.

Where as I have come so close to drinking 2 times .. I think I'd just drink without putting up a fight the next time I am alone.

I had been controlling myself .. I had been just countering drinking thoughts with the fact that drinking has never actually done anything good for me. That was working..

Anyway .. reaching out while I still have my 10 days ... I need to get my self control back for when I am alone .. will be alone tomorrow ..

Brandon
Old 04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give yourself some credit for 10 days as it takes a lot of work, especially the first 30, from my own experience it does get easier, today it's rare that the thought ever cross's my mind.

Andrew
Old 04-26-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You should be proud you have 10 days, and if your girlfriend's support helped that is great. It does start to get easier the longer you are sober. Log in here if you are feeling like you are going to drink and your girlfriend isn't around, someone here will be available to talk you out of it.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

10 days in fantastic!

Everytime something new came up, it freaked me out. You only have to get through the first time alone and sober once. It will get easier each and every time and then one day you'll realize being alone doesn't make you think about drinking at all.

Why not plan out how you're going to spend your alone time tomorrow?
It couldn't hurt to spend some time on here reading and posting.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Your AV gets stronger when you don't let it know who's in control. Let it know who is in control by committing to never having a drink again. You can do this. One day at a time. Do you have any alcoholic assistance programs you can take advantage of in your area?
Old 04-26-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

what kinds of things are you doing for your recovery besides posting here Volshen?

D
Old 04-26-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

You obviously care about your gf & respect her input

Deep down you know drinking & cutting is not the answer take it from someone who can relate & understands

lean on us & try booking a Dr apt bud