Notices

Hello fellow sober tweakers

Old 04-16-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello fellow sober tweakers

Hello. So, Crystal was my DOC....any others out there? Would love to hear from you guys (you stories, methods used to achieve sobriety etc.)
Old 04-16-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, skywalker! Crystal wasn't my thing, crack was, but I had friends that did it.

For me, I truly had enough of the consequences and the lifestyle that I said "enough". I quit, it wasn't easy but whenever I thought of it, I'd tell myself "not an option, next" and next was my cue to distract myself.

SR was a huge support, f2f support was important. I literally grabbed at anything I thought would help me to recover.

I do recommend reading around SR. I found that it didn't really matter what substance someone abused, a lot of the feelings and thoughts were the same.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks! True...I do view alcoholism as an umbrella term for all sorts of substances but it's also nice to meet others with the exact same DOC imo. Very nice to meet you I am glad SR helped you out so much.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

skywalker - I agree that it helps talking with people who have the exact same DOC. You may try the search bar at the top and type in Crystal or Meth and see what comes up. I can't think of anyone off hand, but I know there have been others.

I did crystal, several times but it just wasn't my thing. A lot of the crackheads (not derogatory, I call myself a recovering crackhead) also did meth. I'm not unfamiliar with it, just wasn't addicted to it.

Cold turkey is how I and the people I know quit one or both of the drugs. The mental withdrawals are really tough but they do lessen. Quitting wasn't the hardest part for me, it was staying quit.

You may also want to check out the "Stories of Recovery" part of this forum. It's all about how people recovered from various DOCs. There are a LOT of stories but in the early days, I read them a lot because I just wasn't sure HOW to do it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-17-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wonderful! I will check out that forum thanks so much

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
skywalker - I agree that it helps talking with people who have the exact same DOC. You may try the search bar at the top and type in Crystal or Meth and see what comes up. I can't think of anyone off hand, but I know there have been others.

I did crystal, several times but it just wasn't my thing. A lot of the crackheads (not derogatory, I call myself a recovering crackhead) also did meth. I'm not unfamiliar with it, just wasn't addicted to it.

Cold turkey is how I and the people I know quit one or both of the drugs. The mental withdrawals are really tough but they do lessen. Quitting wasn't the hardest part for me, it was staying quit.

You may also want to check out the "Stories of Recovery" part of this forum. It's all about how people recovered from various DOCs. There are a LOT of stories but in the early days, I read them a lot because I just wasn't sure HOW to do it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy