Notices

Eve of two weeks

Old 04-15-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eve of two weeks

Nearly two weeks free from codeine and had more energy today since starting w/d but still not 100%. Think I need to heed some advice and eat better but not so easy given my relationship with food has been complicated since I was young and popping pills made it easy to ignore my nutrition. I lost my temper pretty badly tonight also and failed to keep it in check and put it on public display which is very shameful and disappointing. Is it normal to go through such extremes in emotions during early recovery or is it just me? I have been numb for so long Im worried if I will just been an angry horrible recovering addict.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

The simple truth is that you're not going to feel "right" for a long time, and you're going to be emotional for a good long time as well. This is all normal, and it passes.

What are you doing for a program of recovery? Have you gone to any NA meetings? In my experience, it's essential to have regular contact with other recovering addicts who have been at this a lot longer than you have.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Cista
Old 04-15-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have not gone to NA. I could tell you lots of valid reasons why but i know they would seem like excuses. For some people like myself it is not an option. I have seen it work for a loved one of mine and believe it can be a therapeutic program. All I can do right now is get informed and educated about my recovery. I have emergency contact number to a drug counsellor if begin to really struggle. I know its early in my recovery and I am not trying to kid myself it will be easy but I need to just get on with keeping clean.