Notices

Dec 11th

Old 04-09-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dec 11th

Hi all , I first posted here Dec10th. Been lurking a day at a time for support. I plan to celebrate four months on Monday! I have my moments but try and keep it in a day. I have to say out loud to myself. I have been so thankful waking up sober every morning . It is so true the saying you will never regret not drinking. I deserve a regret free morning once in awhile.. Alcohol robs me of so much in life. I am very grateful today. I am grateful that tomorrow will be my today again to keep it simple. Now off to a delicious dinner with food I will savor and can keep down.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Lockie

D
Old 04-09-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

. It is so true the saying you will never regret not drinking.
Yes, it is. I get such a thrill, even after over six years, to wake up feeling good each day.

Congrats on four months! Come back and post more often.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Awesome post, lockie!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on (really, really close to) 4 months!

Awesome
Old 04-09-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing so well.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

4 Months is fantastic Lockie!!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

That's great, Lockie!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good going, Lockie. How true, you never regret not drinking.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Lockie!!
Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great job Lockie!!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations Lockie, that's great!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Its great to hear success stories, and its even better when people are enjoying their new experience rather than fighting it tooth and nail. Good job.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Lockie!
Old 04-10-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Lockie
Old 04-10-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months Lockie!!! You are doing great.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Its great to hear success stories, and its even better when people are enjoying their new experience rather than fighting it tooth and nail. Good job.
Thank you. I had lunch with a friend Friday and she brought to my attention that I my outo be staying sober so I can enjoy a beautiful fun filled life. Not putting myself on punishment which to me in my mind on the past was not being able to drink and hsve fun. I am staying sober to have fun and enjoy my life. I admitted to myself the real punishment was drinking when I did not want to. Shaky, nauseous and full of doom. Crying and apologize to love ones for my actions "when I was having fun". Ending up in a cold , sterile detox after allowing myself some "fun". Waking up in a hospital in the midst of having fun . Being stuck at a super eight motel with no fresh clothes or self care items by myself sick as a dog to continue all the fun I am having. Ooh and the ultimate blast coming to in a jail cell to sleep off all the fun I am allowed to have while not on punishment . Today sober I will finish up relaxing and reading in my own cozy bed. Enjoy my coffee. Hot bath and have some loving conversations that do not involve me apologizing or crying hysterically. That sounds much more appealing and not punishment at all. More like the opposite. thank you all for reminding me I'm not alone and sober is better! Xx
Old 04-10-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Thank you. I had lunch with a friend Friday and she brought to my attention that my outlook to staying sober is to enjoy a beautiful fun filled life. Not putting myself on punishment which to me in the past is not being able to drink and have "fun ".I am approaching sobriety to live a full life , have fun and enjoyment.BECAUSE I do not drink. I admitted to myself the real punishment was drinking when I did not want to. Shaky, nauseous and full of doom. Crying and apologize to love ones for my actions "when I was having fun". Ending up in a cold , sterile detox after allowing myself some "fun". Waking up in a hospital in the midst of having fun . Being stuck at a super eight motel with no fresh clothes or self care items by myself sick as a dog to continue all the fun I am having. Ooh and the ultimate blast coming to in a jail cell to sleep off all the fun I am allowed to have while not on punishment . Today sober I will finish up relaxing and reading in my own cozy bed. Enjoy my coffee. Hot bath and have some loving conversations that do not involve me apologizing or crying hysterically. That sounds much more appealing and not punishment at all. More like the opposite. thank you all for reminding me I'm not alone and sober is better! Xx