Notices

28 days ago...

Old 04-05-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

28 days ago...

When I started this journey in earnest on February 10th, I committed to 28 days. As that day approached I knew I would stick around longer... With forever not seeming such an impossibility anymore.

I like numbers and puzzles and it occurred to me this evening that I've now completed that initial goal times two as I I finish out day 56.

When I skulked back here that morning, mad at myself for being hungover on yet another morning, I can say that I never imagined that I would be here today. It's gotten easier but not easy... I want to prove to myself that I can face any situation that presents a craving with the desire to remain sober outweighing a desire to drink ... I'd be lying if I said that desire is altogether gone but it is ever so slowly fading. I've tackled many of my most common triggers and now have the more seldom ones to keep my eyes open to.. And I'm slowly opening up to folks about this journey in some vague terms. In just taking that one day at a time with whatever feels natural and organic in the moment.

And my goodness I'm proud of myself and the old me that I can slowly start to feel reemerging through this process, and in many ways the new me.

If you had asked me on February 10th, I'd have told you this journey would have ended 28 days ago. I'm glad that that me would have been wrong.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're really doing well ICDB - congrats

D
Old 04-05-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on nearly two months sober! Keep going, it gets even better.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks 😊

And in my next 28 days I aim at improving my typing skills on a touch screen. As Bobby Bouchet's (sp?) mother would say, "Autocorrect is the devil!" 😅
Old 04-05-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post. It sounds as if you are easing into sobriety instead of fighting it tooth and nail every step of the way. That must feel really nice.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Great post. It sounds as if you are easing into sobriety instead of fighting it tooth and nail every step of the way. That must feel really nice.
thanks ☺️
Old 04-05-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome ICDB. I am a couple days behind you and thoughts of alcohol are getting farther and fewer between also. Onward we go......
Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ICDB - I was reading old posts. I read where you began and I read until you reached day 13 I think. You have grown so much and helped so many people while sharing your journey. Thanks for letting us benefit from your recovery.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent work ICDB really proud of your recovery you have been an inspiration x
Old 04-06-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
ICDB - I was reading old posts. I read where you began and I read until you reached day 13 I think. You have grown so much and helped so many people while sharing your journey. Thanks for letting us benefit from your recovery.
thank you very much. That is very sweet of you 😊
Old 04-06-2016, 02:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Awesome ICDB. I am a couple days behind you and thoughts of alcohol are getting farther and fewer between also. Onward we go......
congrats! Awesome work.