Notices

Addict

Old 03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addict

Hello my name is michael I am 34 yrs old. I've been crushing and snorting roxys for about 2 yrs now. Today is the 1st day in a long time I haven't one. And I swear I think im dying. I've never really been addicted to anything but these. I was doing 15 or 30 mg pills. Up to 10 a day. Im kinda new to telling people my problems. The hold/cold chills have fully kicked in. And I'm always pissed or agitated. Here in the last 2 hours I have wanted to do nothing but cry! Is there any way too ease the pain or thoughts I have. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Tidefan251 and Welcome to SR. You will find support here and we are glad that you posted. I hope you have someone there or that you can call to come stay with you.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do. I have my wife here with me. But I'm so mean or aggravated right now, that she rarely comes in the bedroom. But she does check on me from time to time.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tidefan251 View Post
I do. I have my wife here with me. But I'm so mean or aggravated right now, that she rarely comes in the bedroom. But she does check on me from time to time.
I was in the same boat as many others here have been, first five or so days are rough, very rough honestly, a dr can help if that's an option, many will also strongly recommend going to meetings but the bottom line is the first week or so is not easy but things do get better after that and it is totally worth it, hang in there, nothing worth doing is easy.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Michael ... You found a good place here... Hang in there... It's worth it..
Old 03-10-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much. I actually made it through the whole day lol. I'm very tired so I'm going to see if can sleep. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Seriously every day gets a little better after 3 days or so and a lot better after 5 or so days. I know how hard it is to make it as far as you have, just remember what you went through already any time you think about going off course. It takes a while to undo all things we have done to our bodies and many times I thought it was too tough but I am so happy I kept clean, so many great things will come, you can do it.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A doctor can prescribe stuff for the symptoms. Immodium, multivitamins, pain relievers, fever reducers, etc all help. They won't cure it, it's going to be rough, but just fight each symptom with what you can. Chamomile tea at night, green tea during the day. I basically made a bed on my couch with everything i needed, jug if water, had supplies for healthy blender smoothies, and all my otc meds. I did nothing but lay there and watch movies/tv/read for almost a week other than getting up for the bathroom and showers. Give yourself time to basically do nothing, but kill time. Physically you should feel better in about 7ish days give or take a couple days. The real hard part is the mental aspect and the "PAWS". Be prepared for extreme depression, racing thoughts, confusion, mood swings, cravings, irritability and an all around foggy feeling in the head. I personally felt like i woke up after a lifetime of missed moments, and childhood memories and such were flooding in. Continue to remind yourself that your brain is healing and any bad/down moments are due to recovery. Block out any thoughts of drugs asap, i like to just say in my head "No i don't need drugs" and stop any further fantasies. Catch yourself triggering and cut whatever behavior it is out, whether it is watching a tv show with drugs in it or hanging with friends that use. You have to be honest witb yourself. Most likely the hard choice is the right choice. Exercise IMO is a necessity for recovery, It helps totrade your addiction for something healthy. Over time you'll pick up hobbies you like sober and enjoy doing things again. Just remember the mental stuff can last weeks or months, over time it will get easier though and you will be happy you did it.

Also keep posting! You got this
Old 03-10-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Those roxies. That was my DOC too. I remember saying one day I feel like I have the devil inside of me. They changed everything about me- the way I looked and acted, what I cared about. Everything changed for the worse. April 4th I will have two years off of pills. I have gotten back to the old me, but the new and improved version : ) Hang in there!! You made it through day one, and that is awesome!! It doesn't feel like it at the time, but the physical anguish will pass fairly quickly. If you go back then all the suffering you did today will be for nothing, and you'll eventually have to go through it all over again. Stick with it. You can do this!!! I have no doubt you will be glad you did : )
Old 03-11-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Michael....Grizzlybearblue is right. I just went six days w/o using any hydros, then screwed it all up and used for three days....Now, I am back at one. Trust me when I tell you this feels much worse than if I had just kept going.....All it did was add more anger, frustration and misery.....Listen to the people here. They really want to help you....So keep going, ok? And keep posting.....
Old 03-11-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much! It means the world too me!! I didn't get any sleep lastnight. I probably slept about 45 mins the whole night. It was the worst feeling i have ever felt. I literally cried like a baby for hours on end! Finally got about an hour around 6 this morning. And as far as relapsing, nobody I know has any. So no pills today either. So far not so bad today, but I made myself get out of the bed and my wife and I went to the waffle house and had breakfast. So far it's not too bad but I know it's only a matter of mins before the withdrawals start back. Thank you all so much for the words of wisdom.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello Michael

All I can say to you is, "Good for you!" you've taken the first step in the right direction. Each step after that will get easier and easier, until one day you will think "wow, I did it!"
I was a 3-pack a day smoker for 35 years. One day I decided to quit cold turkey! I went around kicking tires, and was so irritable for 2 weeks. I thought this mean person would never go away. Then the day came, the real test, another crisis (son WAS a drug addict) I remember getting the phone call that he had been picked up yet again. I hung up the phone, and that's when it hit me! I DIDN'T REACH FOR THE CIGARETTE! I knew then I had won the battle. You, too, will win this battle. Keep the faith!!
Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-11-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Hang in there.

I won't lie, it's going to suck, and then you never have to do it again.

After the dopesick wears off, you're not going to feel right for a while. Then one day you'll notice you feel pretty good.

Emotionally things are going to get pretty tough for a while.

I am grateful that I swallowed my pride and went to Narcotics Anonymous. This was the last thing that I ever wanted to do, but it literally saved my life. I found people who had been where I was and who had found a way out. I did what they said despite thinking that it was ridiculous and that it wouldn't work for me. I hung around the guys who scared me because they seemed like they actually had it together.

I found people who would tell me the truth when I needed to hear it, and who were supportive and compassionate when I needed it.

Turns out it did work. I haven't had to use any kind of drugs in a while now. I can look in the mirror. No more desperation, no more degradation, no more feeling worthless, helpless, and alone.

My suggestion is to hang in there and get to a meeting. All feelings pass. You don't have to do this alone. Congrats on having the guts to get this started.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone. Today is the 3rd day since day 1. The last 2 days have been a blessing. My real dad is in town and he makes me get out in the yard and do stuff lol. Today I'm changing the starter on my tuck. I have slipped a lil. But it was 1 pill and that's all I had in 3 or 4 days. If today is anything like the last 3 I'll make it through it too. Since he's been here I'm in the house only at night. I really believe the sun is making me better. I'm going to beat this mess if it's the last thing I do!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 3 Tidefan
Old 03-14-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sorry for the late post. But another day bites the dust. I got some grass cut today and the front yard taken care of. Felt pretty good all day today again. I'm pretty sure without a doubt i can beat this disease! Hopefully it won't be much longer. Thanks again.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good for you!! That is great to hear!! Keep on keepin on : )
Old 03-17-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I worked in the yard all day again. This morning was my first morning waking up clear headed!! Best I've felt in a long time. And since I made myself hate the roxys, I haven't even thought about 1. Yesterday a guy I used to purchase them from approached me and I ran him off!! I'm so excited about the future with my new life with my wife and kids. Hopefully the hate for the pill will continue. And if it wasn't for this site and you guys, I'd probably still be crushing and snorting. Thank you all so much!! God bless!
Old 03-17-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oops I just noticed it'd been 2 days lol. That's how busy I've been.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tidefan251 View Post
I'm right there with yeah bud.. I find myself being so mean to my wife when all she wants to do is help.. I keep telling myself it's not her fault I'm the way I am but withdraw always gets the best of us... It will pass that I know.