Notices

Work life difficult

Old 03-10-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Work life difficult

My manager just said I was deceitful because I did not inform him I had an emergency gp appointment this morning.

It was an honest mistake, I contacted the places I work to let them know my whereabouts. My manager works at a separate site.

I have had meds changed again today now on a different anti depressant. I feel extremely offended by the comment and it's a pretty strong thing to imply especially to someone at work. I wouldn't dream of calling someone that, not even someone I did not get on with.

I hate how I've been feeling lately, why not have a drink and take the edge of this situation

They've already put the blockers on a development opportunity and the role I believe is gradually being phased out soon so I'll be looking for a job
Old 03-10-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
...so I'll be looking for a job
Sounds like a better way to handle the situation than drinking. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I went through a lot of this type of stuff about 6 months ago. I would talk to your HR department to let them know what you are going through and working on. This is not the easiest conversation, but it is one that should be put on record. Also, I would get documentation from your GP and make sure HR has it in their file as well.

Don't drink. That will not help anything, especially if you are trying to get your meds right. Trust me.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear that you aren't looking to drink to deal with the situation, and it's also good to hear that you are working with your doc to find a med/solution to help with your anxiety. I wouldn't dwell too much on the commend by your supervisor. He certainly had reason to say something if you didn't inform him of your absence, but not to make rude comments. Either way though, they are just words that were said - nothing more. You cannot control how other people react so sometimes you have to just let the comments go and make an effort to not let the same situation happen again.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

the guy sounds like a right Berk Stewy
Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, take a step back from being offended and try to let it go. You could tell your supervisor it was a mistake and it won't happen again, if you think that's an appropriate thing to do. I hope the new meds work out for you. And, if you seriously think your job is in jeopardy then spend some time working on your resume and be ready to take action.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great advice here Steve. I wouldn't waste too much time on your manager.
If you think losing your job is a possibility - get yourself ready - who knows, you might even find a less stressful job
Old 03-10-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone

I'm a mess at the minute, feel like I'm low again
Old 03-10-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the rest of the week is better Stewy

D