Notices

copd an trying to begin stop.need help

Old 03-05-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

copd an trying to begin stop.need help

Just looking for support, haven't set stop date yet,using 1800 quit an waiting for my coch to call. This is first day ,I'm not changing my smoking but writing my smoke times, lung cinditiin.how I feel ect. Will set stop date over next 30 days .I'm scared I've dine this before an my mind started racing ,started back up.im recovering addict 9 y4s clean an sober .hate idea of goun through withdrawal again .but I'm close to oxygen an dizzy .can function in bed an tirerd all the time.not looking for sympothy ,just your personal experience. Thank u
Old 03-05-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No relevant experience to share but I hope you find a way to stop.
COPD is not pretty.

D
Old 03-05-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yap

Diagnosed 1yr ago 1st stage. I've been in caregiving an taken care of last stage.currently do as second job an I know what it looks like. Ugh.more upset with myself that even with it in my face here I sit cig in hand
Old 03-05-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck Cloud8, I smoked for 38 years with many failed attempts at quitting. 40 days ago, I ran out one night and decided that I wasn't going to buy any more. I prayed to God to remove my compulsion to smoke, and have been smoke free since. I still get cravings, but they have been manageable. I think you just have to accept the fact that you are going to have to go through the discomfort of withdrawal, knowing that each day is a step forward in the right direction. Have you tried any of the nicotine replacements, i.e., patch, gum, ecigarettes?
Old 03-05-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks.i have patches. I'm looking into a cancer place that has weekly meeting for quiting. I'm at this moment not changing my habit an writing down times an the feeling behind having cigs for my cotch. I'm amazed how like when I was drinking ,during the time that I couldent ,it was the thought of reward to get it that motivated me to do everything. I'm actually afraid I'll loose that motivation. But in reality I'm gonna end up with no motivation an air at home if I don't stopmlol
Old 03-05-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cloud8, I hope the meetings help, the face to face support sounds like a great support group. It's too bad that there isn't nicotine rehab facilities where people can go to break the physical addiction and get ongoing counseling for the mental crutch. It's a hard addiction to break, but not impossible. You've got a good reason to kick it to the curb, don't let it take anything else from you.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Cloud8: Im sorry your going through a rough time. But I am grateful it is only stage 1. Im currently quitting chewing, and lets be honest, we wouldnt have forums if it were easy! I'll share a quick story, as I am needing to hear this myself. I was doing a procedure for bladder cancer (I work in diagnostic Imaging). Anyways, a tumor in a persons bladder was pushing on the ureters (connect kidneys to bladder) and causing a back up and blood in urine (hydronephrosis, and hematuria). The Dr said after the get rid of the tumor, the likely hood of remission would be cut by 35 percent, if the patient continued to smoke. Thats 1/3rd.

My friend is a radiologist, and he had testicular cancer. He just started smoking because he feels like he can die at any point. I can honestly say, their are groups out their! And I would seek getting in to one. Cancer is not a light diagnosis, and I can imagine what you are going through, but others out their have bee through it! Good luck! Im only taking 3 chews today! Than hopig to make the jump tomorrow!
Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)