Feeling stuck

Old 02-28-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling stuck

I have been feeling "stuck" lately. Like I want to move on in some direction of my life, but for what ever reason I haven't. Its only been 7 weeks since I told my AH to leave.
I shared this with my counselor and she told me to keep something in mind. That not making a decision yet, is a decision.
It has really helped to remember this and wanted to share in case it helps others feeling "stuck."
Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, KidsR#1

It really helps when peeps post about their progress, especially that progress takes time and that it is ok to _not_ make decisions, or to _not_ move in any direction.

Mike
Old 02-29-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I remember learning this ~ to know that I don't have to decide everything Today ~ such a great tool to help me keep my serenity!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-29-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, me too!
A good friend told me that a while back when I needed to hear it too, and I always remember it!
"Today you can decide not to decide, and that's okay."
Old 02-29-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi KidsR#1,
You make a good point, that limbo may be a stepping stone rather than quicksand.

Also, I wanted to share what a friend told me when I was feeling stuck because I did want to move on but didn't know how. She said to visualize what you want, which for me was a home of my own, away from my STBXAH and near the ocean, and then to go find it. Once you can see it, you can visualize yourself there . . . and then it becomes possible to make it happen. I didn't really believe her, but I had nothing to lose either.

I think about this often as I look out the window, at the ocean, and feel such relief that one step at a time, beginning with steps inside my own mind, I was able to make the changes I needed to make.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

GOOSEBUMPS, Sauerkraut!