Notices

day 1

Old 02-25-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1

I drank last night and then right before I was about to go to sleep I smoked a few hits of pot to make me fall asleep. Then I started feeling sick like I drank too much. Sorry if this is too much info but I puked in my bathroom sink and in the toilet. So that was a gross mess to wake up to. I was tired this morning and not feeling great and I needed to shower but didn't have enough time. I didn't even brush my teeth because there was puke in my sink so I grabbed my tooth brush/paste and put it in my purse so I could brush my teeth in the bathroom at work. I made it to work on time, just barely. I had to run threw the parking lot at work just to get to my desk on time. Even 1 minute late, is still late. I worked the first 3 hours but I felt gross because I needed a shower and my teeth weren't brushed and I couldnt be cheerful and helpful to my customers on the phone because I had no energy and was irritable. And I still felt a tad nauseous. So I put in 4 hours of unplanned time off, told them that I didn't feel well but I would be back later to finish my shift, and I went home. I ate some mac n cheese, took a shower, drank some water, and relaxed for a bit. I went back to work feeling much better and finished my shift. I talked to my mom on the phone after work, ate dinner, read on the computer, and I did not drink tonight. Maybe I could make today my last day 1.

I just keeping thinking about how horrible it is to fall asleep with stomach acid coating my teeth because I just puked. And then not even brushing my teeth in the morning because theres not enough time plus there is puke in my sink... That is so bad for my teeth! Among other things, I am going to ruin my teeth if i don't turn things around. And soon.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need never feel this way again IMJ.

All you need is a plan - and the determination to stick to it, one day at a time in the beginning, if needs be..

Anythings got to be better than this, surely?

D
Old 02-25-2016, 01:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

it all starts with a day 1 IJM
Old 02-25-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ijm...

I was a heavy binger in the end. Drank about 750 ml in 6 hours.

Are you that bad? I got clean w out meds.

Good eating and lots of sleep.

Alcohol is addictive. It damages your brain and your body.

It is govt approved poison. Don't believe the hype.

It crushes your will and makes you weak.

Get through detox and then it is mind over matter.

Remember you are an addict. It is not just a crave. Fight for your life.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Remember the Day 1 makes you never want to have another one. What caused you to take that first drink? We're you alone? I hope you make a good plan for the future and don'the forget support. I wish you well. It will get better. Keep posting.♡CR
Old 02-25-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You will be able to stay sober when you want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep, sounds pretty standard for some people. It also sounds really unpleasant. You definitely can make it your day one, and I hope you do. You deserve better. I wish you the very best.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep, I've been there. Rushing out door, not showered, booze sweating out of my pores....get to work only to feel miserable and overwhelming regret for my behavior the night before....come home to a total mess and rather than deal with it, start drinking again.....
You can be done with this, you don't have to continue going on this way!