My own recovery.....

Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My own recovery.....

I left AH about 12 months ago, it was hard very hard, not really missing him but missing the 'marriage' being the happy family with our 3 kids, as we did have many good times, I just couldn't cope with the neglect side of things with a quiet alone drinker. I had lost love, lost respect.

Again its been horrific for me and kids our life turned upside down, not much money, tiny house, he hasn't been too bad , BUT my soul has never been so happy.

I coped really well, for, im now got a dream job, im calmer person, calmer mum, living true to myself, enjoying the little things, truly, being in the present, slowing down its just quite beautiful really. I never knew life could be without a dark cloud over your head, I feel like a HUGE burden has been lifted away from me

Nice story? The only thing is I left out is I met a man only weeks after I left AH, just friends for ages but has slowly turned romantic, im head over heels for him in a big way, not a drinker either lol!
The thing is he is 20yrs older than me, I look so young next to him, but I connect amazingly with him, Im so confused that he has helped me so much on my recovery, we talk all the time about everything...light stuff to very deep, both of us know every single thing about each other we have never talked to anyone about before. We have been great for helping each other in a huge way, I really don't think I could have got through my breakup as well with out him,,,I over think...is this healthy? normal? I worry about this too much,
thank you and god bless.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Minnie, if you're in love with him and you suit each other that's a big plus. His maturity would be an advantage when it come to coping with the inevitable kids' dramas.

The other side of the story is that 20 years difference might be ok now, but when you're still in middle age he will be old. It might limit the things you do together, especially if he suffers from ill health when you're still energetic.

Just some food for thought.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep I know that food for thought very well it causes me so much worry.
I guess I try to stick with the here and now for now but will that end in heartache,
I really want to be sheltered from bad stuff happeningto me, I know I have choices but I feel like I just ever end this thing we have, he is in a messy place with his wife where they are separated but know one knows, it's complicated,

Thanks so much for your reply xx