Notices

Laughter is important

Old 02-16-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Laughter is important

I sometimes think my husband thinks I don't like to laugh or thinks I only do when drinking. Truth is during a routine day I laugh all the time at work and with friends, I'm silly and goofy, rely on laughter for a tension relief. But at home, where we all let our true colors show most, I'm often tense and stressed when I think of all that needs done, etc.

Well, this morning as we prepped for the day with the chaos of weather delays and juggling and such... We were chatting as I worked through being frustrated and frazzled. Then I was rambling to him about him being safe on the road and calling ahead before he drives two hours to a job... And he's looking at me like I'm nuts... That look I've gotten often before but when he assumes I'm rambling because I've been drinking rather than acknowledging that all of these things and lists and commitments are always colliding at once in my brain. And I said, as I went about working on my puzzle "And just think... This is me not under the influence of anything... Just me. This is what you have to look forward to." :-D

I think I heard him mutter a humorous "oh goodie" as he left for work.

😁
Old 02-16-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome
Old 02-16-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You won't be frustrated and frazzled forever ICDB so hopefully there will be more laughs and less stress
Old 02-16-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember the first time I truly laughed after starting my sobriety journey...I mean properly laughed with full on tears...it felt so great and pure to know alcohol played no part in it ☺ x