Annoyed

Old 02-15-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Annoyed

AH came over to see the kids today. However the last hour he has been sleeping while the kids watch a movie! You have got to be kidding me! So much for quality time with them.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, depending on what he's like the rest of the time, it might be GOOD for him to be sleeping...

My stepfather was not an alcoholic, but I sure as hell would have preferred him asleep to awake any day of the week!
Old 02-15-2016, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You could kick him out. Tell him you're not running a flophouse, and if he wants to sleep, he can do it at his own place.

Good grief.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sleeping? Or passed out snooze? Just because he doesn't seem drunk doesn't mean he hasn't been drinking. My dad took a lot of "naps" when he had us for weekend visits. So we spent a lot of time either outside or tiptoeing around trying to be quiet. It was your funeral if you woke him up. Is this part of a custody agreement, or just something that you're allowing trying to appease your AH?
Old 02-15-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

no way in hell......time to start vacuuming, or drumming on the pots n pans. he is not ALLOWED to spend his time at YOUR house with HIS kids SLEEPING. jackass.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wondering if you have a dog or some other critter which would be "happy" to kiss his sleepy face . . . and use his tummy as a trampoline.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

im not sure, but i think youre allowed to not allow that behavior in your home.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I kept myself busy making muffins. DD8 took a nap too. Once everyone was up things were much better with them playing games together.

I don't think he had been drinking, at least not today. A friend died the other day suddenly and I know that is having an affect on him.

I was glad though when it was time for him to go meet his sponsor.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Am I remembering right that in the past it's been his MO to hide his liquor in gatorade bottles around the house, and that it's been hard for you to tell sometimes whether he's been drinking or not? IDK, if it were me I'd have a no-unconsciousness-during-visits policy. The boundaries between drunk and sleeping might get very blurry otherwise, and really what good is a visiting father who's asleep? Let him grieve his friend at home. My $.02.