Notices

Share various therapies

Old 02-05-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Share various therapies

I would like to know the various alcohol rehab therapies you have done and what you think of them. I do not mean AA. I've tried AA and that did not suit me. What I like about AA is that you meet other sober people you can hang out with and talk to. It’s another one, twelve step method (not AA) whit psychoanalysis, its nine weeks but very expensive. Anyone tried that? I've tried some therapies against my drinking. Two years ago, I went five weeks on the CRA (Communication reinforcement approach) it is a relapse prevention therapy based on cognitive behavior therapy. Starting from today and not what happened yesterday. If one may relapse, you don’t start from beginning but continue where you were. Rehab was on day time, five hours a day, in groups. I could not continue because I started working. If you can find near where you live I highly recommend it. Most therapies are day time and it is then difficult to get life to work. I have an eight-week program on internet aachange.com who is also a relapse prevention therapy. It's really good. I immerse myself in the subject and I learn a lot. And I can do it from home when I have the time. Have you any good alcohol treatment plan that you can share with us in this thread.

Linus
Old 02-06-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Linus
Old 02-06-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Linus!!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hi and welcome!

I had 10 days of intravenous amino acid therapy. It worked as advertised and I couldn't be happier with the results. You can Google this or PM me for more details. The moderators don't allow us to get into much medical detail here.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Community Reinforcement is very effective. So is Transtheoretical Model approaches. CBT for some. Rational Recovery. LifeRing. Moderation Management. SMART. Loads more but cannot think off the top of my head.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-06-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me I have been in and out of Detox many times over the past 20 years, a little over three years ago I went through a 28 day (in patient) Intensive Treatment Program modeled after SMART, in addition to this I was in group sessions, clinical therapist, Physiologist and Psychiatrist, this one really stuck although I had two relapses because I stopped therapy and following a plan, this time is different as I am sticking to the plan which I added to.

I think to a great extent we have to really want sobriety and be open to what we are being told, up until that point I do not think I was and I had taken a few 21 day programs, they never changed anything for me, in fact I often stopped for booze after an all day session,