Notices

Life on life terms

Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life on life terms

I have 28 days today my car broke down and I became so stressed I magnified it in my head. This is things that normal people experience everyday and going to get a drink is not at the top of the list when things like this happens wow I have a long way to go its not like my car has never broke down before but those times i had been drinking so i was numb doing the whole thing. The first thing that popped in my head was walk over to 7eleven get some beer take a few to the head and then see about my car is that crazy or what but i made it threw I really need to work on my coping skills
Old 01-27-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 28 days sober! Keep it up, it gets better.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the car is a easy fix - good on you for getting through that

congrats on 28 days too

D
Old 01-27-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is interesting when you think about it how powerful the mind can be. I have been working on coping skills but really it's just logical thinking. I mean the coping process kind of ends up just being logical. Realize the problem, set goals to solve it. When it's over look back and be proud you handled in a better way then your used to. That's what I have been doing and bunch of little victories mentally help me progress through the day.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on not drinking. That's tremendous. Each little victory like that builds a stronger foundation for your sobriety. Well done on maintaining 28 days! I hope your car is an easy fix.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congdards on keeping your stick on the ice, staying sober and thinking this through, hope your car is fine as well.

Life does throw some pretty tough curve balls however we fill our tool box with resources like this site which to me have proven critical since my sobriety date in December, it has been working great for me this time around.

Have a great day
Andrew
Old 01-28-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job. We will never know when our vehicles wiol give us trouble and stress us out, but it's good to recognize the trigger. I would give someone a call if that ever happens again. When I get anxious, stressed, or my attitude is dropping I call an AA. Glad you handled it well.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 28 is fantastic!!