me - alkie = peace

Old 01-24-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

me - alkie = peace

Since he moved out a week ago, the house is quiet and serene. For the first time, I'm warming to the idea of a new future without AH. Yay!! Big time steps for this girl He hasn't called and I really haven't noticed much. Single parenting is work, but it's the best kind of work ty all for your support here ♡♡
Old 01-24-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Peace is a wonderful thing.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!! I know the feeling. Peace is sooooooo worth everything. I'm so incredibly happy for you-now buckle down and always know what that peace is worth-as he will most likely blow up, crack, guilt you, manipulate you, etc. Please stay safe in your peacefulness (just worried about you with his history, ok, friend?!)
I like your equation and am going to print it (I'm a numbers girl)...me-alkie=peace. Yes!!!!!
Love ya!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you, HH, so happy to hear things are peaceful!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So with you on loving a peaceful home! Mine is so peaceful and so clean too! I'm sending you a single mother fist bump of solidarity - it is hard to do, but seeing my kiddos taking responsibility for helping around the house and enjoying the quiet with me is a priceless gift. Stay strong!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

^ yes!!! It's worth everything
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Take a mental picture of this peace...sit still alone and feel the calm quietness and serenity...then hold that as a memory you can recall and contrast with his presence, so you can pull it up if things get confusing again.

Congrats to you!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So very, very good to hear HH. Congratulations and thanks for the update.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Good, you deserve some peace and a reward for the pain.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HH, I'm glad you're feeling better. It makes such a difference to remove that tornado of negative energy from your life.

Altho I knew I needed to get XAH out of the house, I still feared being alone, and I cried and cried the day he left, which was a Friday. I worked my 2nd shift job that night and came home to find an email from an Alanon person, looking for someone to go to a meeting with the next day and then maybe take a walk afterwards. I replied and accepted the invitation. We met, attended a meeting and then walked for over an hour.

That evening, there was a beautiful evening sky and owls calling in the dusk as I filled my bird feeders outside. I went back in and worked at my spinning wheel while my 2 dogs slept in the light of my "fake log" stove. A feeling of such peace descended over me--it was like a blessing, like a sign that everything would be alright. I'd been afraid of that first weekend alone, and look, my HP had everything covered for me.

I wish you all the best going forward--this is a big step for you.