Notices

Reasons to take that first step

Old 01-24-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reasons to take that first step

From time to time I pop over here with a story from my own life so that if anyone can relate it can be a reason to encourage them to take the first step. No response necessary, just if you find yourself in a similar situation - you can stop now. Even if you've started drinking for the day - you don't have to continue.

Currently I'm dealing with a devastated six year old - granddad is a drunk. I'm not even going to put it politely. Alcohol made a lot of promises last night. Tons. About how grandpa and grandson were going to go today and spend time together doing male bonding (I believe it was a football game that was going to be watched at a friends house who's children my son has not seen in quite some time)

The brown bottle flu currently has grandpa "coming down with something" and unable to leave the bed. These empty promises from that sector have become quite common to this six year old who is starting to see grandpa as untrustworthy and a big disappointment.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most of my romantic relationships have ended because I was usually too hungover to leave the house on weekends when couples should be out doing things.

As I am drunk on Saturday night, I would always say we are going out for breakfast and then go shopping. I'll buy something nice for....etc. Those poor girls, on Sundays I didn't want get out of bed until 3pm so our fantastic Sunday never happened...