Notices

die alive

Old 01-24-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

die alive

After having had a spiritual awakening I think of the R.E.M song losing my religion. I feel more leaning towards the Way. the Path , the Principle. Salvation wasn't anuff it had to come from with in . What has happened to me well it's like my mind was a candle and something blew it out. I admit I had to fight threw it to come out of it it's like I almost needed to be taken care off this lasted 24 days. Could the God I believed in just be good orderly direction . guider of decisions . Anyways I was way down the Spiritual Path and it's like I was never spiritual. It's like I have to start from scratch and it's like all the religions I practice threw life brought me such pain why go back. Don't leave until the miracle happens then leave cause they'll just attack you with calamity and say look at my big token. I don't want what any of them have I want what I got. Is there a gOd maybe there is maybe there isn't one thing for sure there's no devil. Take a look at my life verse Isiah 45:7 God created good and evil KJV Evil in Hebrew is calamity or disaster. So GOD is sinless he can kill people with sunamis hurricanes earthquakes that's being good and loving sinless. But if I even look at a girl with lust I should pluc out my eye. I asked a same preacher twice about this his answers were childish. Simple if theres a god he she evil and good yinyang which leads me to Taoism I don't want to pray why would I if theres a god he would already know whats in my heart. Anyways and as far as taoism gos just the principles and the Tao Te Ching there religion has deity's so no to that. I'm just gonna live by principles.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After I post this I felt empty and sad useless which means there is a God.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
After I post this I felt empty and sad useless which means there is a God.
I don't think my feelings prove or disprove the existence of God. Sometimes I feel empty and sad and useless after a good dump. No offense intended, but feelings prove nothing. As a nontheist I consider the question of the existence of God irrelevant. Maybe there is but maybe there isn't. Nothing I can do about it. I don't pray because I have no faith that I'm being heard. It's like talking into a phone when you're not sure whether or not the guy on the other end of the line is even there. So, I take responsibility for my own life. When I ask for help I ask other people who I have reason to believe can actually help. I don't thank God and I don't blame the devil for my good or bad fortune.

That's not to say I don't have a spiritual life, but that would take some explaining...
Old 01-27-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like what you said and I'm not offenened. Take responsibility for my own life that's so true. Me I don't rely on other people I rely on God and Spiritual principles.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lol i just listened to that song on youtube - losing religion and God was the best thing i ever did in 2015, what on earth has it got to do with dependency on drink!
Early 2015 i worked with CBT professionals to work out why i felt so uncomfortable in my own skin that i wanted out of reality by throwing copious amounts of alcohol down my neck! - the key was understanding this and not praying away defects which were always going to manifest as the result of emotional imbalances until the core issuess were addressed.
The religiosity of the steps was actually the biggest distraction going and would have kept me going around in a negative recovery circle unless i broke away from the conditioning... Have faith in yourself, do you see God intervening in and healing any other afflictions on the planet, why do AA´s think only they have an exclusive hotline to God... it´s again dependence on something external - same addiction they came into the rooms with!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The more I try to quantify and package God the farther away he gets. The more I recognize God's presence in my daily life the closer he gets. This is one of favorite bible verses

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I think it is the mixing of My (capital M) and my (small m) that too often creates the holier than thou perspective that drives people away. Who's not being humble here, God or the faithful?